Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

appetite

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently for a few weeks my appetite seems to have...gone!

Well kind of, what happens is I'll be really hungry like that water in mouth hungry and i'll start to eat tea and all of a sudden I feel full after hardly eating and start to feel sick. I don't think it's psycological but it's really annoying!

Also i've been getting stupidly long head aches again and I'm constantly tired and I get dizzy quite easily. I take it this is to do with not eating a lot. :|

Anyone else had this? Or know what I should do, preferably not involving going to my GP :D

Comments

• Options
    I get like this every now and again, sometimes I just don't feel like eating and my appetite has gone. It generally comes back after a day or two.

I don't know why it happens but when it does I try and have something even if it's a slice of toast. But it is hard when your appetite has gone and you can't face having something to eat.
  • Options
    My mum keeps moaning that she doesn't like any food at the moment and that she will starve to death... but **luckily** she managed to eat a whole tube of pringles.

I'd say just drink lot's of yummy water yyyuuuummmyy **COUGHS** Maybe, if you can't stomach (spelling?) food, then you should drink filling things like milk or smoothie's. Or a cup-a-soup. :-)
    X
  • Options
    Yeah, I've lost it for a few days before but this has been like a few weeks :|

I'm hoping it's not psycological and it's not because I just don't want to eat. I've been drinking a lot more but I suppose I can't really live off that...
  • Options
    You are getting headaches probably because your sugar and nutrient levels are getting low. Lots of squash/juice if you can't face eating will help up your sugar levels and give you a bit more energy.

I get a bit like that with food sometimes, but for me its because I used to eat a LOT and now that I haven't been, my stomach has shrunk, which is probably what's happening to yours right now.

Lots of little meals and often will help you to stretch your stomach out again without overloading it and will kick start your metabolism again so you'll be able to eat a bit more.
  • Options
    I KNOW! Buy a rrreeeaalllyy yummy looking cake and just place it infront of you... with a fork.
    :-)

But seriously, if it gets worse you probs should take some vitimin (spelling?) pills.
    X
  • Options
    I have enough trouble feeling rubbish after every meal I eat And getting myself to eat so a cake really isn't going to do anything.
  • Options
    I feel like this at the moment as well and I go through phases of it. I think my problem is that I can be quite a fussy eater, so I always eat the same kind of things and then go off them cos it gets boring.

I usually find fruit is easy to eat, like an apple sliced up or some melon slices or even a tin of mixed fruit. Nice and refreshing and usually makes me feel hungry so then I eat!
  • Options
    I reckon.... you know for when you diet, they tell you to eat without the tv on, eat without distractions, so you can see how much you are eating? I would just reverse that, and eat on the sofa with the TV full blast :p When you are not concentrating on the food... it may be easer to eat? When i don't feel like eating much, i like plain salty foods, like ready salted crisps, or just a piece of bread.
  • Options
    i get this sometimes but have no idea why. every so often i'll have a few days where i'm just not hungry and it's such an effort to eat. i don't feel ill, i just dont have any appetite. so i just try and eat things i really, really like and pretty much force myself to have something.

if you're feeling dizzy etc, you should go to the doc.