Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i dont think the pill applies to me...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys.

my dilemma is this:

i havent had my pd in a hot min. and i would be terrified if i was sexually active but im not. i choose not to.

i havent had my pd in about a year. not too worried about it bc ever since i went throught puberty @ 14 its been like that. but im 20 turning 21 now and i would like to start taking the pill but im not sure i can bc i dont have my monthly period.

any advice?

Comments

• Options
    talk 2 ur doctor about it
  • Options
    You can take the pill without regular cycles, but why are you wanting to? If you're not sexually active, and you're not suffering with your periods, I mean.

If I were you I'd go see your doc, talk through your lack of periods, and then discuss the pill :)
  • Options
    if i were you, i would see your doctor. I dont have regular periods and have been like this since i started my periods but went on the pill when i was 15, i came off it when i split with my long-term boyfriend at 22, thought after 7 years i would give my body a break from the pill. i had regular periods when i was on the pill. my periods were again irregular when i stoppped taking it. i havent had a period since christmas last yr, but i am now also 21 weeks pregnant. i naively thought because i wasnt havin periods i couldnt concieve - i was wrong. so if you are sexually active then please talk to your doctor about the pill because it is still very possible that you could get pregnant :)

The doctors don't know why my periods were irregular and i was going for tests to make sure my ovaries were working and it was in that time that i found out about my pregnancy, had i not had these tests i probably wouldnt have known until i was further on.

i have never had any problems with taking the pill. at the end of the day its better to be safe :) x