Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Short dresses with pixie/ankle boots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are your thoughts on this current trend? I've bought a "little black dress" on Ebay (it's a French Connection one with a lace back panel which Fearne Cotton wore to some awards thingy last year if you want to see, will post a pic later if I get time) and I'm trying to think what shoes will work best with it. Because it's quite short, I'm a bit loathe to wear court-style high heels with it as I think it might be a bit too much so thought maybe pixie/ankle boots would dress it down a little and make it a bit quirkier. I've seen some suedey-type ones in New Look that I quite like...I'm just not sure I can pull the look off...hmm.

(Of course this is all assuming the dress fits me when it arrives which it may not!)

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes it makes people's legs look fat..
    But I guess it kinda depends on how big they are to start with as well though.

X
  • Options
    That's how I wear dresses most of the time. Not mega dressy dresses though.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Is that a current trend? I'm so out of it. I wore an outfit like that out for my friend's birthday last December because I just wanted to have comfy shoes on my feet rather than heels. :lol:

Go for it SG. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I really like it for a casual look, especially the flat shoe boot type things you get now (god I sound so ancient :lol:) but was just wondering about high heeled shoe boots with a short dress. Guess I'm just a bit of a wuss when it comes to trying something new!
  • Options
    i LOVE it. go for it. people do sometimes say i look like a pixie when i do it though but think that's more to do with the dresses..
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Yeah, I really like it for a casual look, especially the flat shoe boot type things you get now (god I sound so ancient :lol:) but was just wondering about high heeled shoe boots with a short dress. Guess I'm just a bit of a wuss when it comes to trying something new!
    I think that would look gorgeous. Maybe with some coloured tights too....?
  • Options
    :yes:

Sounds funky! Agree with the coloured tights thing, too. I love the look of an all black outfit with nice-coloured tights :thumb:
  • Options
    aw i think that will look well cute :]] recently i bought this plain black dress from asda for the bargainous price of £5 and i've been wearing it with patterned tights (heart print haha!) and coloured tights and these flat ankle boots from primani and its my favourite outfit ever! so comfortable too. the french connection dress sounds lush, i want a picture :D x
  • Options
    Here's a pic of the dress :)
  • Options
    flat boots will look good but so will some little shoe/boots with studs on. I like the idea of colourd tights maybe a deep plum/purple colour :chin: