Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help speaking to girls online

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a problem when speaking to girls online. I know it seems daft but I never know what to say. All of my messages to girls go 'cold' after I tell them they're cute/good looking etc.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to say to women. I am just starting to speak to a girl who I fancy. I don't want to let the conversation go cold and make her lose interest in me.

Comments

• Options
    Don't look for girls online, simple.
  • Options
    I need advice!!!!
  • Options
    Google_Bot wrote: »
    Don't look for girls online, simple.

You've completly missed the point, he didnt ask where to look for girls.
  • Options
    You've completly missed the point, he didnt ask where to look for girls.

Why else would he be telling girls online that they're cute/good looking?

Talking to women isn't hard, ask what they like what they don't like, how their day has been what music they're into, when you're talking to a woman don't think there is a chance they will get with you (I'm not saying you are) just let the conversation roll and change the subject now and then, if things still don't go well just end it.

A good place to talk to people without knowing their sex and having random conversations is http://omegle.com
  • Options
    lol. I'm sorry google_bot but the last part about having random conversations on that site made me laugh. As I see it MrFerrari09 is probably on about chatting to girls online who he may know already from school/work etc. I would suggest asking interesting questions where they give you their opinions or viewspoints for example what do you think about socca music? something casual which is easy to chat about. Then you can go on from there into other things. Give short/medium answers and dont reveal too much about yourself or be very straightforward about your interests in them. take it in a relaxed manner and make it so they feel they must know more about topic you etc. hope this helps.
  • Options
    I have a problem when speaking to girls online. I know it seems daft but I never know what to say. All of my messages to girls go 'cold' after I tell them they're cute/good looking etc.

Don't go all smarmy on their ass, that usually triggers some alarm bells. If you are just making casual conversation and they don't respond, they are usually not interested, or busy.
  • Options
    Get to know them first... cus... let's face it... you wouldn't go up to a girl on the street and be like "you well fit love!" well, I hope you wouldn't anyway!
    Send them a message such as "Wow, Like the pic. Is that really you?" might sound a bit cheesy, but it's better than just saying they are fit.

Anywwwayyy... good luck :-p
    X
  • Options
    If I was talking to a guy online and the second thing or one of the first things they say is your cute or anything to that effect, then that to me looks like they want one thing. Get to know them first.
  • Options
    If I was talking to a guy online and the second thing or one of the first things they say is your cute or anything to that effect, then that to me looks like they want one thing. Get to know them first.

:yes: Thats what i was thinking too
  • Options
    :yes:.

Plus, they pretty much know that you think they're cute. That's why you noticed them in the first place, right?
  • Options
    If you don't want her to lose interest, then if you ask a question try and make it so they aren't one word answers.

If i'm talking to someone on msn or something you can always tell its going to go cold if its just
    "how are you"
    "fine thanks, you"
    "i'm good"
    "up to much"
    "no you"
    "no"

You need to make it interesting, sound enthusiastic, take an interest in what they are saying.