Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Dating Game

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Many of my friends don't really understand the rules of dating over here (UK,London). If a guy asked us out and we would only say yes to those we really like! Cos we want to being the process of getting to no each other. That there well be a few more dates to follow i.e this girl likes you, hang on in there, you will get 'something':thumb: . (I dont mean an sti)

But here it seem that its like an interview, the first date I mean. Not really getting to no you. Just trying you out for a couple of hours. Cos you might change your mind and not call after the first date...

Now to me and my friends this is a bit misleading. This is why we choose not to date westerners cos it seem (No offence intended) that this is the norm.
Most of my friends were brought up here but still have the values back home in Austra-Asia, north/west/east Africa and south America. (But this can be broken by the right guy):flirt:
It seem such a shame, a guy will have the courage to ask us out but get cold feet after the first date. Maybe perhaps it doesn't go as well as he hoped and thinks he's made a fool of himself and never calls back.
Then only to find out that he still likes us but thinks we don't?! Very bizzare:confused:

We would like to know the 'rules'

Either we go to the must shocking Uni, where all the men are cluesless or we are just don't understand the rules.

Comments

• Options
    There are no rules. Also, people have the right to change their mind. Getting a first date is not a marriage contract. I'm not actually sure what it is you find difficulty with.
  • Options
    I know we all change our minds from time. I have been seen this guy for three months, after each date I don't hear from him till a few weeks. At the start I was thinking 'don't really care what happens happens, its finals we're all kinda under pressured'. But now its just getting ignoring and frustrating. I guess I am in the wrong, I keep seeing him. Or maybe its an age thing. He's doing his Phd and I'm still on my Ba... I don't know but its time it stopped:(
  • Options
    Well, I am confused, when you get asked out in your country, are you instantly (without a first date) boyfriend and girlfriend?

Because here, the dating game is to get to know one another before committing ourselves too them. To see if you feel emotionally and/or physically connected too them. It's also to see what they want from a partner. Do they want it casual, or do they want love. Sometimes you both want different things. sometimes you don't get on with them or have much in common. Also some people are testing themselves, are they ready to date again or still hurt from previous relationships. All these factors play a part in dating. So after the date, you will hopefully know where each of you stand, if they call back or want to see you again then you clicked and maybe the start of a relationship. I they don't then you move on.

However your situation sounds more complicated. I am not asking your answer on this, but if you have had sex with him, and he calls once a week or other week, more than likely, he wants a booty call and nothing more. If you haven't then maybe it is just the fact he's stressed out with university. Have you had the conversation with him on where you are going? what does your dates consist of? I would suggest forgetting about this guy if all you do is have sex when he decides to respond to you because its clear then all he wants is your body and not you.