Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

non-latex condoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so me and the girlfriend are looking to be prepared incase we "get busy" and she has a rubber alergy. im pretty sure latex is rubber, so i was woundering where i might find some non latex condoms.

i found a thread from 2004 and ive had a look on boots, but the boots website was a bit... well... the durex avanti has the warning:

"This product is made from natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions"
from here

and i dont know wheiter i should just discont this or not.

are there any other brands or types i should look for? thanks.

Comments

• Options
    at least over here you can buy non latex condoms in the pharmacy. Doesn't hurt to ask.
  • Options
    I believe you can also get latex free condoms from your local Family Planning clinic too, and they won't cost you anything. :)
  • Options
    arent durex avanti made from polyurethane? I don't know/think i have a latex allergy but i prefer them much more to the regular ones.
  • Options
    Durex do a non latex brand as Amira said:

http://www.durex.com/en-GB/Products/Condoms/Pages/AvantiUltima.aspx

Happy Porkin!
  • Options
    Durex Avanti is definitely latex free, I'd have noticed if it wasn't!

I suspect the mistake is on the boots website because they use the same instructions and warnings for all their condoms. The other big brand is Passante Unique, but they are frankly weird. Local family planning clinics will give you them free if you ask, as often will your GP. I can appreciate that at this stage the family planning clinic or talking to the GP may not be number one on your to do list so you can buy Avanti from most big boots type stores.

Long term though, it's worth finding free sources as they're about twice the price of the normal kind.