Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Erythromycin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
Realise that it's each body to it's own but recently been put on Erythromycin for help with my skin and just wondered if anyone else has taken it for this and how they fared on it? Whether it kicked in quite quickly or you had to wait for a while to see results?

I was on doxycycline for a year about three years ago and found that worked pretty quickly although the effects wore off after about 6 months and my problems returned. The docs have temporarily put me on these new tablets whilst i wait for some scans/blood tests to be done and was just curious as to the effects and others opinions.

Comments

• Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi Caroline,

Sorry to hear this slightly long saga with your skin. If you're interested in hearing other patients' experiences with Erythromycin for acne there are a few here, and a couple of good tips here.

However, I would advise that anecdotal evidence isn't always that useful. It's a bit like voting: you're much more likely to post on the internet if you feel strongly because you've had a bad experience! By the way, were you prescribed topical Erythromycin, to put directly onto your skin?

Good luck with it, and also with all these scans and tests! I really hope you get it all cleared up without further trouble. This new drug might just work wonders.

Sophie
  • Options
    I've taken it before and alot of our patients are put on it for respiratory infections. I'm not very good with antibiotics though as they always give me a really funny tummy :crying:
  • Options
    Ditto :( Hence why i came off doxycycline. Am finding that these aren't really kicking in as fast as the doxy hence why i wanted to know other people's findings from when they have taken them.

As i said in original post, realise it's each body to it's own. Was just curious really. :)