Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

laptop or netbook?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my eyes are on these two:
Samsung NC10 10.2-inch Netbook
Sony VAIO 15.4-inch NS30E/W Laptop

The netbook looks like a great travel companion. The laptop costs more, but my friend highly recommended me this one.

So, any suggestion?

Comments

• Options
    i would say wait really, windows 7 is just around the corner, 22nd october and is supposed to suited to netbooks. but between those two i'd go for the sony vaio cos they have nice keyboards, and also £300 is a bit much for a netbook to say the least. i got an acer aspire one 120gb model for £175 back in january which worked fine. netbooks shouldn't really be anything more that £250 at most in my opinion.
  • Options
    Get the VAIO, netbooks are a pile of shit. Take good care of your VAIO and it should last years. Mines turning 3 years old in a few weeks and it's only had to be repaired twice - and that was only in the past 6 months (The power-socket on the laptop keeps loosening.) Other than that it is a rock. Not a single issue with it. Same goes for the OS (Whatever you decide to put on it). I agree with buying Windows 7 when it comes out, the upgrade isn't that expensive. And depending when you buy I think Microsoft gives replacement copies? You'll have to check the site (When I bought my laptop it was the same with XP>Vista. Free upgrade - but I use XP still.)

If you need to "travel" with them, laptops always. You can't do much on a netbook because they are so small, underpowered (In every sense) and cost a bomb in most cases (Take a look at the VAIO P series :/! - Even though they are sexy machines).