Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

All my friends have moved away

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to be such a social guy,constantly going out but recently life has been on a bit of a slump.

All my long term friends have moved away to other city's in pursuit of jobs and university degrees.

I'm working full time and it seems like i have only one friend left. Feel like such a loser!:no:

Im only 24 mind and only last year i was out having fun, going to parties and everything but now im just bored at weekends.

My workmates arn't really the type of people i could hang around with; they bore me to tears.

It seems like the only proper mate i have is my girlfriend!! How sad is that?

Possible solutions include going to clubs/sports but i don't want to start tagging on to people if you know what i mean.

There isn't much point to be made here,just need to get this off my chest.

cheers!

Comments

• Options
    You could try meetup.com.

I moved back home after uni, but I've met new people - joined a film club and people through voluntary work and other groups.

You'll meet new people, just have a look round for different groups and you'll be fine
  • Options
    Oh, I know how you feel! I have three best friends, one lives in Leeds, one lives in Portugal, and the other is moving to America. And, a lot of my friends live in Nottingham- I'm not there much anymore.

Anyway! You can make knew friends, you and your girlfriend could join a dance class or somthing like that. Then you don't have to be alone. Or, like mark1984 said try websites like meetup.com

Good luck!
    X
  • Options
    I think take a few evening classes - you'll have stuff in common with the people and then after a few weeks you could just suggest going for a coffee.

I've found getting involved with things has led to making friends eg voluntary work.

When I came back home after uni I had a handful of school friends around, but joined a film club and made friends there and through voluntary work have a lot of contacts and made a few friends.

Most of my friends live far away too - I was in France most of the last year, but most friends I made live there or are from other parts of the UK. All of my uni friends don't live locally and many from school are away now having found jobs elsewhere.