Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being honest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think would happen if you went around for 24 hours (with sleep in there) saying exactly what you were thinking, without any moderation? What sort of things would you say?

I would get into so much trouble it's unreal. Infact I used to "see" myself say things and think "no, don't say that, what did you just say that for?" I take after Dad in being blunt and to the point, and only learnt to control it the last couple of years.

I was stood at a bus stop last week, and a guy also waiting for the bus would spit on the pavement at least every 30 seconds, for the 10 minutes or so we were waiting. I felt like telling him to do one big one down the drain and get it over with, but it didn't seem like a good idea.

I'd also tell lecturers to get on with it because I'm bored already! :p

Comments

• Options
    Well, I am pretty honest actually, but not saying what you think is not dishonesty in my opinion. When asked, or if I got something to state to an argument for example I'm most of the time honest (except if it just doesn't look good, for example if someone just wants to hear one thing, but it doesn't do any harm if I'm not honest, i.e. a white lie, but that occurs rarely). Might have to do that I don't care about a lot of things what other people do, so I don't feel the need to tell my opinion on what they are doing/wearing/saying/etc.
  • Options
    That film with Jim Carey "Liar Liar" annoyed the crap out of me.

I understood that he cant lie, but was a bit shit as he could always have kept his mouth shut. There is a difference between lying about things, and not opening your mouth.
  • Options
    I think I'm too honest when I should just keep my mouth shut, and I get myself in to trouble for it. I have often told lecturers that they're not telling me anything I haven't already understood and could they just skip to their next planned bit, which sometimes gets a chuckle form the other readers but mostly gets me starred at like a weirdo. lol. bothered/?