Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

LOST CAUSE? You tell me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Hello everyone how are you? i'm new guy on the forum so here I am.

I've been meaning to ask people opinion on a friendship matter.

Last year which was the 1st year of my sixth form. Our school had some foreign students come to learn, one girl was in my biology class. As a class we were all getting along etc. Usually we would have group work and i would be in her group which led me to know her a little better. on a few occasions I would have a chat with her in free time. An odd emial or two. So it was ok we were acquaintances.

Come the mid-term holidays she would go back to her country to see her family. I added her on facebook thinking maybe we could chat more and be friends and that's when it went wrong. I mean at first I left a messege and she replied well. then after some time i would just ask a question or two about school, just genral stuff and got no replies. I think i might have sent a few facebook pokes to see i get a reply which might have annoyed her. I don't know. In school there was harldy much interaction so i didn't make anything of it. Then i noticed she diassappeared off my friends list. I thought it might have been caused by a technical fault that happend on my account at the time so i decided to add her again. Hazarad a guess no reply. Now i couldn't see her in person as it was exam time and so everyone was at home. Naturally i decided to ask what happend so i sent a messenge and again nothing after a second messege a good long time later i finaly got a reply!

and guess what it said. "what the f*** is wrong with you? don't you get a hint. omg can't leave me alone"

and so i was like what the hell? I guess i might her annoyed her as by defualt messeges are sent to email on facebook. You might think I was persistant but at most I had only sent her like 5 messeges altogether since adding her this includes the initial nice talk. anyway lol I was taken aback and so didn't think to reply properly as to what I should say and so i backed off saying i would'nt contact her.

It's been 3 months since that and well i've always wondered whether I should contact again and start a fresh. She's now staying in her country as the visit was only for a year. I mean I liked her and i wonder if she thought it might have been someone else on facebook (as in some other person in her other classes) as she didn't seem to be bothered by me during the short time of school left when she was off the facebook list.

Sorry too much background info but heck i thought i might need to explain. I feel better typing all this. the point is should i contact her again and ask to start a fresh or no?

note* i had said sorry on the messege when i got 'the reply' incase i'd done something wrong.

Oh yea this might sound random and weird (no doubt it is) but i've had a dream recently where i was told by her to write sorry in a book for her before she would talk to me. What does that mean?

I tried to make you enjoy reading and I been having fun typing this.

Females and Male responses would be good people. Peace.

Comments

• Options
    reply plz any1?
  • Options
    Don't do it. I think I'd gotten the "hint" a little bit earlier, but it's her fault for being such a pansy pisscake for not telling you that she doesn't want this. For the love of god, leave her be, she's not worth your time.
  • Options
    Definately a lost cause! Don't send her anything or contact her again. Plenty more fish in the sea pal chin up :)
  • Options
    yea thanks guys for your honest opinion. I just needed to clarify it. Sometimes a thought gets stuck in the head and don't know what to do with it. I'm glad someone replied, it's a good place to handle queries.

cheers
  • Options
    bhai wrote: »

and guess what it said. "what the f*** is wrong with you? don't you get a hint. omg can't leave me alone"

Chill ya beans! Seriously. I know it's pissing you off and that, but obviously she doesn't want to know.
    Let her get on with her life, you don't need her, she doesn't need you.

Forget about her. :thumb:
    Xx
  • Options
    Erm I hear this alot "I thought it was a technical fault", nah if someone disappears from your friends list, its for a reason, wether justified or not.

I would recommend in any situation like this, send at most three initial messages, and if you dont get a reply, then its either a lost cause or they havnt got around to replying yet, either way, if you send any more they probly wont like it.
  • Options
    to PreciousAndLoveIt the dream was random i guess I had bit too much on mind. :) As for the patch up thing i guess i'm not used to someone ever reacting like this so wasn't sure how to deal with it. I doubt I'll ever see her agian anyway.

Broken angel your right, initialy I was like why am I getting this message? but yea i'm not desperate or in need of her. Just as i stated earlier nothing of this sort has happened before so wasn't sure how to see it. Although lol she might have been in my need ;) (lol joke).

MrG I understand your point and agree with you. Amazingly it was the 3rd time that I got the "hint" reply so i wonder really.

All in all I believe what you all have said collectively that its a Lost Cause no point in pursuing it or pondering over it.
  • Options
    *claps* well done.
    X