Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

can someone help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
to try and keep this short;
ive been feeeling really down for a few months now and have no clue what to do. it feels like im tired all the time, and that i cant be bothered with my friends and family. it feels like im used by friends and that theres no point in life anymore. school is a major issue too, i cant see me doing well in any of my subjects. ive also been hurting myself, with drawing pins, my sharp finger-nail, hitting myself etc.

ive explained my situation to a few friends and they think im suffering from depression or something like that. but i dont believe i am. i think its something not as bad as depression, as i have a friend that has suffered from it and im nothing like she was.

i really need help! i dont know what to do anymore and feel like wishing for an escape but i know i have to tackle this as life isnt perfect or fair. if anyone can help at all it will mean a lot, so thanks in advance to those who can help me or give me any advice whatsoever.

Comments

• Options
    ive explained my situation to a few friends and they think im suffering from depression or something like that. but i dont believe i am.

Why do you believe that you are not depressed?
  • Options
    If your situation is bothering you enough to post on the internet then talk out how your feel with someone that you implicitly trust, or perhaps a doctor. Peaks and troughs of emotion are something that everyone gets, but if you're down for long periods then perhaps it's something that needs addressing. Have a think about what it is you're feeling down about. If you can think of things, then make plans to address them. The chances are they're not going to be quick-fix, so be prepared to put in the work and you'll reap the rewards.

If find eating better and exercise is always a good rule-of-thumb place to start when I'm feeling low.
  • Options

Hey there. :wave:

Welcome to The Site.

First off. You are not alone in this problem, I too have been there and know exactly how it feels. Do you maybe have a friend who has been in the same position? Or someone understanding and a good listener? I always found that it was easier. As for school, its maybe something you have to work on, putting in time to look over things at home etc. I know that hurting yourself seems like a good idea, and thankfully you havent done anything too damaging as yet, but please remember that it may make you feel better at the time, but its never a good thing and usually ends up hurting you more. You just have to keep your chin up and work on positives in your life, which im sure there are many.

If you ever want to talk, Ive always found this site helpful. Take care and keep us posted as to how your getting on. x
  • Options
    i can only really say whats happened over the past few days....

everything seems to be getting a lot better within a few days it feels great that im not just being ignored and ive given up on the idea of hurting myself. i do have to admit yesterday i thought of killing myself... which was rather weird as there was no reason for it.

but apart from that everything has been great. life seems to be getting back on track now thanks to a few. x
  • Options
    i do have to admit yesterday i thought of killing myself... which was rather weird as there was no reason for it.

There is always a reason... It's probaly something to do with what you said in you orignal post?

X
  • Options
    There is always a reason... It's probaly something to do with what you said in you orignal post?

X

I get thoughts like this sometimes, when i'm not feeling really low, i think it's stress related, and for me, is a 'coping mechanism' that i've used for so long, i kinda fall back on having daydreams of falling under a car, using other methods of killing myself etc- luckily at this stage, they are only thoughts - its like a mental release, sort of 'well...i know if i did this, i wouldn't have to deal with 'such and such' situation.'

As you can tell....i don't deal with stress very well!
  • Options
    it certainly sounds like depression to me. It may not be the same as your friends depression, but thats because youre not your friend
    http://www.nhs.uk/Pathways/depression/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Is there anything in particular thats triggered it, or as it just started out of the blue~?
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I get thoughts like this sometimes, when i'm not feeling really low, i think it's stress related, and for me, is a 'coping mechanism' that i've used for so long, i kinda fall back on having daydreams of falling under a car, using other methods of killing myself etc- luckily at this stage, they are only thoughts - its like a mental release, sort of 'well...i know if i did this, i wouldn't have to deal with 'such and such' situation.'

As you can tell....i don't deal with stress very well!

Oh, I know that they can come on randomly... been there myself. But there is always some underlying issue. Like depression, stress ect.
    That's all I ment :)
    Xx