Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sister being mean to my niece =S

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a problem...
My half-sister is going out almost everynight drinking with these "friends" and has already had to abortions... and she already has 2kids!

My niece says she wants to leave her and live with me since I'm her only friend and she calls me her sister, she's only 8years old and her mother is kicking her and hitting her from time to time and her little brother is getting all the attention!

say he has a lolly, she wants one too, she has a different one and her brother starts screaming he wants THAT one, and SHE GETS YELLED AT FOR NO REASON AND GETS SENT TO HER ROOM WITHOUT ANYTHING!
I'm only 13 but I actually want her to live with US but cant :crying:

I dont know what to do, my parents are saying its wrong, and the father is starting to be mean to her too!

I honestly dont know what to do about it, if I confront her she'll say that I'm in her buisness(which I am) but it's for my niece's safety:(

Anyway.. Can someone PLEASE give me advice on what to do! it's getting worse, she has been kicked in the shoulder(near the neck area) by her mother coz her mother lost her temper with something else

Comments

• Options
    You gotta ring the police- that's child abuse.
    X
  • Options
    Do your parents not say anything to her?
  • Options
    she comes to me all nice (my niece) and she then blurts it out saying she was gunna phone childline, my parents want her to live with us and try and take her but cant

we've tried to get her to stay over for a few nights but cant coz her mother is always out partying and such... and the police down my area wont do f*ck all, they only come near us when we've done something wrong:banghead:
  • Options
    there are very strict procedures to follow in events of reported abuse against children and this definately counts as that in the eyes of social services.

You could phone childline yourself to get advice anonymously or you could even give them the name and adress of your sister and tell them what you know. Anything that is reported like this has to be followed through so it is unlikely that the police would do nothing.

It sound like your sister is having a hard time herself at the moment and losing control a little - intervention might be needed.
  • Options
    At the moment there is nothing new..
    I will have to post as soon as there is something, I know this seems sad but I really want my niece to be gone from her mother and father!
    They treat her the wrong ways and my parents are the only one's who care for her and she see's me as her olde sister and best friend which is the best I can do

Thanks for ANY help :)