Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Housemate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I love my housemates, I love where we live but things are starting to get a bit problematic.

A few weeks ago at our housewarming party, myself and one of my housemates had a drunken fling. I told him it didn't mean anything before we did anything and I said the same after and I thought we were cool because later on at the party, him and my best friend were all over each other.

Anyhoo, him and her have kinda fallen through and now he's decided he wants to be with me. He keeps asking me about the incident and has sent me a ridiculously long email telling me how he feels (to the point where he has even stated he wants to follow me when I emigrate next year.) I have repeatedly told him that nothing is going on between nor will anything be going on. He's a lovely friend but nothing more and I am seeing someone else.

It's really beginning to frustrate me because no matter how many times I say it, he still does not seem to be getting the point that I am with someone else now and he had his opportunity to win me over but decided to get his leg over with my best mate instead.

Probably being really stupid here, but any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    All you can really do hear is talk to him again. You're moving next year, as you've said, so you wont have to put up with him for too long! It's a hard situation to be, because I guess you don't want to hurt him. But yeah, just speak to him again I guess. And if he contiunes, maybe spend a few days staying at a mates just to get away- if you can.
    X
  • Options
    Did he really have a chance to win you over?! You said you told him before and after it didn't mean anything which kind of suggests he couldn't have won you over eventually....

He'll get over it eventually, just keep telling him. Nothing else you can do really.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote: »
    Did he really have a chance to win you over?! You said you told him before and after it didn't mean anything which kind of suggests he couldn't have won you over eventually....

He'll get over it eventually, just keep telling him. Nothing else you can do really.

Good point, I really didn't word that at all well.

I'm guessing he's gonna be kinda pissed when he next sees me as I nearly set the house on fire and his room now stinks of smoke...
  • Options
    If his continued feelings towards you are only through drunk moments, then forget it. If he's now expressing feelings while sober then it's a lot less fickle I'd say.
  • Options
    Usually when he's very drunk. He punched a hole in his bedroom door after my mate rejected him, which is a tad worrying.