Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hospital?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I need stiches in my arm, but I can't go back to hospital because that'll be the 4th time in three weeks. And two of those times I had to stay for three days.

So, if I just leave the cut will it heal on it's own? Or will I have to have stiches??

Thanks
Xx

Comments

• Options
    Depends how bad it is. But for the mean time get it wrapped up! I would go though just incase. Or your gp or something
  • Options
    It's not mega bad... but if I go back to the hospital they'll probaly ring the social or something. Don't need that again.

I don't know if they can do anything now though, because it's almost 12 hours after...
    X
  • Options
    If you think it might need stitches then it's best to get it checked out.

Mainly because if you don't get it closed and dressed suitably then it's highly likely to get infected, and if it's a reasonably serious cut then that infection can take hold very fast and you'll end up needing to be in hospital for IV antibiotics (the kind that come through a drip) which by the sounds of it is definitely not what you want.

It's daytime now, pop along to your GP or the walk in centre if you're less keen on the hospital. One of the nurses at your GP can make sure it's clean and going to heal ok for you, and they can usually stitch if required. They also have the handy half way mark of steristrips which are like stick on stitches.
  • Options
    go to the local pharmacist first - you might just need some steri strips which you can buy on the counter, if not try the local walk in centre?

but tbh, you need the social involved because they need to be giving you help! you should be getting some councilling at the very least. the police should be supporting you too!
  • Options
    I am sort of in councelling.... but I haven't been for two weeks....

I'm gonna leave my cuts, but if they are still bleeding tomorrow I'll go down...
    X
  • Options
    you need to get them sorted and you need to do it now...at the least boil a kettle and put some salt in a bowl with some of the water and clean the wound with that using cotton wool

you need to go every week i can't stress this enough...i can see the road you are going down and i don't want you to end up like me
  • Options
    you need to go every week i can't stress this enough...i can see the road you are going down and i don't want you to end up like me

Salt water? Ouch. Okay I'll do that in a min....
    I've never had an infection but I guess that's just luck
    X
  • Options
    When i had this.. i could see the fat layer, so what i did was goto the local walk in centre, they did ask questions, but it was more to see if i wanted help, they didn't force it on me. You can also buy steri- strips at the pharmacy (but a nurse can do them tighter for you)