Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mixed emotions, new level of admiration.

Well on my college bridging week(taster week) i undergo'd lessons which were good, but i worked with this one girl within this group of four and she actually made me feel strange, some would immideately call this love at first sight but i wasnt sure or convinced.

So i forgot about it, got on with my life as per usual and then when college started for real i saw her and walked by and what really shocked me was she remembered who i was and was like OH i met you in sociology right?and that actually made me smile and i felt proper happy that she actually remembered me? i felt ..wanted kind of, probably due to my own insecurities

Well anyway i added her on msn n facebook n we've chatted a few times and really clicked - with most people its the usual "hi how are you, wuu2" shit but with this girl it was totally different, i dont know what it is..we just shot straight into a convo like weve been friends forever.
Anyway i got to know her a little better as you do and she likes almost all the same stuff as me, same music taste, TV, etc. Im confused because she seems alot like me and has lots of similarities i keep thinking its some mindgame? i dont know im probly being stupid..or paranoid.

Well - the point of this thread is to get a bit of feedback of what i should do, she is really amazing i like her loads but if i actually made a move and she said no? id be distraught and it would ruin it all imo..and id rather not have that happen.

All of this is probably pointless but ill post anyway see what you guys think of it.:confused::confused:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why does every single social interaction (or at least from reading here) always involve facebook :\

ANywho :p Would it really ruin everything? It might be awkward for a moment or two but you would both get over it, probably within the hour ;). I'm sure the majority of people have been in that situation and we've all lived. Either you do it or you keep going on thinking what if.

There is only ever one way to know!
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Why does every single social interaction (or at least from reading here) always involve facebook :\

ANywho :p Would it really ruin everything? It might be awkward for a moment or two but you would both get over it, probably within the hour ;). I'm sure the majority of people have been in that situation and we've all lived. Either you do it or you keep going on thinking what if.

There is only ever one way to know!

I had a feeling you or someone else would say that actually i should of included it in my OP

The thing is, i only get to speak to her on msn, not at college - id ask her out for a walk or whatever like a get to know you meet up but if she says no to that :S it would be like " whats the point?"
  • Options
    Oh I didn't mean it like that to youin paticularly! I just get a kick out of how nearly every single post on here involves "well something something something facebook something something something" I just chose this post to say that :p

Do you have classes at the same building? You could just walk with her and talk as opposed to asking if you could walk with her? If you seem to get along well, I'd see no reason why she wouldn't be up to something so innocent as a walk and you could go from there. Do you have any classes together currently that you could study together for? Or if not together, do you have similar classes seperatly that you could get together to study for?
  • Options
    Oh I didn't mean it like that to youin paticularly! I just get a kick out of how nearly every single post on here involves "well something something something facebook something something something" I just chose this post to say that :p

Do you have classes at the same building? You could just walk with her and talk as opposed to asking if you could walk with her? If you seem to get along well, I'd see no reason why she wouldn't be up to something so innocent as a walk and you could go from there. Do you have any classes together currently that you could study together for? Or if not together, do you have similar classes seperatly that you could get together to study for?

Oh i didnt take offence lol :D

And nah i dont have classes with her, shes nextdoor in psychology with a different teacher though - although we havent started with like proper studying.

I think i might prolong this, talk to her a few more times on msn or whatever then ask if she wants to hang out sometime :)
  • Options
    Proper studying? Oi, just when I think I understand :p

If you are more comfortable on msn then why not. Ask her then. But just ask her damn you ;) (Granted I can say that because I'm not you, I don't think I've ever asked anybody out, lol) She at least likes you as a friend if she is willing to chat ;)
  • Options
    Proper studying? Oi, just when I think I understand :p

If you are more comfortable on msn then why not. Ask her then. But just ask her damn you ;) She at least likes you as a friend if she is willing to chat ;)

Oh sorry its my britishness, by proper studying i mean were just getting introduced to our subjects as ive just started college.

I really want to, its just actually ballsing up and doing it!, theres been so many girls ive liked in the past but failed to rise n shine n ask them.

Another reason why im prolonging it (probly reading too much into stuff) her FB relationship status is "its complicated" so.. i dont want to interveen with her and a possible other man :)
  • Options
    Oh sorry its my britishness, by proper studying i mean were just getting introduced to our subjects as ive just started college.

I really want to, its just actually ballsing up and doing it!, theres been so many girls ive liked in the past but failed to rise n shine n ask them.

Another reason why im prolonging it (probly reading too much into stuff) her FB relationship status is "its complicated" so.. i dont want to interveen with her and a possible other man :)

You don't have to launch straight in and profess undying love, though. Just try to go out a few places with her, casually. If something is going to happen, it will do.
  • Options
    why would it be a mindgame just because you like the same sort of stuff :confused:

what it sounds like to me is that you just have a crush :) and i dont think you should do anything about for a while, because tbh all thats happened is she remembered you from a group and a few chats on facebook/msn. she could just be being friendly. but id carry on chatting to her, maybe try and move it on to face to face conversations, see how it goes from there? :)
  • Options
    If you're talking to her on msn and you're being friendly with her maybe suggest meeting to go have lunch or something. Just casually, like "what are you doing at lunch tomorrow? Fancy doing x?"

Can't hurt, can it?
  • Options
    Ask her to meet up, see what the atmosphere is like in person, it's easier to guage whether someone likes you that way without outright asking them.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    If you're talking to her on msn and you're being friendly with her maybe suggest meeting to go have lunch or something. Just casually, like "what are you doing at lunch tomorrow? Fancy doing x?"

Can't hurt, can it?

Naw it cant hurt, i think i will suggest to hang out sometime, see how that progresses =]