Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not sure where to post this one .. really cross!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, you may not know but i have a daughter of nearly 4 months, and i am 7 weeks pregnant with my second (:crazyeyes yes i know i am mad!).
I was shopping today with Coco in Waitrose, minding my own business, when this lady walked past me, i was holding my daughter, but she pushed into me, i know not obviously on purpose, but instinctively as a Mother you kinda jump back sort of thing and i think i made a tutting noise.
The lady then turned around and said 'dont you fucking dare tut at me you little slut with your bastard child. You make me sick!, and you are probably buying all that food with my money!'. To say the least i am just mortified that this lady could say that sort of thing when i am holding my baby. I was more worried that Coco had to hear all those awful words more than anything :( .

I hate the way people just assume things about your situation. Yeah, i accidently had a baby, but i am engaged to her Father (who may i add i have been with for 5 years), we own our own house, he works, i am at studying at Uni, we pay all our bills, and don't claim ANY benifits except child benifit, which everyone is entitled to receive.

I am just so cross and upset that another human being could speak to another this way, especially when there is a little baby involved! :mad:

Why do people do it?!?

Comments

• Options
    Because people are arseholes.

I'm sure people on benefits shop at Waitrose ALL THE TIME. Just ignore her.
  • Options
    :O wow, what an old witch.
  • Options
    I will share with your my universal theory of truth. It applies to 95% of situations.

Most people are twats.

Franki wrote: »
    Because people are arseholes.

See? Franki is already familiar with the theory.
  • Options
    I say Olive's theory should be made fact.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I say Olive's theory should be made fact.
    I agree.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That sucks, I think you should just class her as an idiot and move on...
    And at least, I'm pretty sure your baby didn't even understand one word of it :)
  • Options
    That sucks, I think you should just class her as an idiot and move on...
    And at least, I'm pretty sure your baby didn't even understand one word of it :)

I'm pretty sure she didn't either bless her, but still. Those words around a little baby are still not nice :(
  • Options
    I always watch my mouth around kids, just take heart that kids have no permanant memory until they are about 3 so she will have forgotten about it in 3 days or so - remember that woman was probably on 16 different kinds of HRT and valium in a sexless marriage and pissed off her life has been reduced to wondering whether the honey glazed ham or the feta encrusted chicken will be better for serving to her husband that night who will then go and wank upstairs over his PA will be pretty strung up while shopping.

So just remember the importance of being happy and not ending up swearing at strangers in a poncey supermarket when you are older :)
  • Options
    I always watch my mouth around kids, just take heart that kids have no permanant memory until they are about 3 so she will have forgotten about it in 3 days or so - remember that woman was probably on 16 different kinds of HRT and valium in a sexless marriage and pissed off her life has been reduced to wondering whether the honey glazed ham or the feta encrusted chicken will be better for serving to her husband that night who will then go and wank upstairs over his PA will be pretty strung up while shopping.

So just remember the importance of being happy and not ending up swearing at strangers in a poncey supermarket when you are older :)
    :lol:
  • Options

I wouldnt say that thee memory thing is true, My son is only 2 and he has a very good permannant memory, ok 4months she will not remember it but if my two year old can do basic sums of 1+1 he can remember fuck off or whatever.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Wish I was there. I'd I've made her feel fucking sorry. I hate that sort of shit and love a bit of public confrontation.

Seen a woman the other day bumb into to young girls in the queue in Maccas, I heard her tut and say 'stupid girls', straight away I jumped in with 'why your the one who's not looking where your fucking going', older people love to pick on younger people especially older jumped up women. Tell em to get fucked next time.

I hate people like that. Always old cunts aswell. Fuck em. Who cares what some jumped up twat thinks.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    What a bitter old bitch! I would have had to say something back to her, who does she think she is to talk to you like that! Wouldn't take it personally though, sounds like she is the type that would have verbally attacked pretty much anyone.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Wish I was there. I'd I've made her feel fucking sorry. I hate that sort of shit and love a bit of public confrontation.

Seen a woman the other day bumb into to young girls in the queue in Maccas, I heard her tut and say 'stupid girls', straight away I jumped in with 'why your the one who's not looking where your fucking going', older people love to pick on younger people especially older jumped up women. Tell em to get fucked next time.

I hate people like that. Always old cunts aswell. Fuck em. Who cares what some jumped up twat thinks.
    We needed more people like you in my McD's queues :D.