Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dislodging the coil

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it possible to inadvertently do this?

My woman and I have pretty vigorous sex, I'm fairly big and she likes me going deep. She's using a coil, so am I being naive (and a bit male) to be concerned that I might end up dislodging it?

She sometimes bleeds but she puts that down to her coil being pretty new and there's never any real pain.

Over to you guys...

Comments

• Options
    it should be fine, even with those issues you say.
    If it becomes painful or she becomes aware of the coil being there, or if the strings disappear, then it may have become dislodged, but its designed to be able to withstand sex. Ive been using the coil on and off for years and its never become dislodged
  • Options
    Out of interest why would someone use the coil over the implant? doesnt sound like a very pleasant form of contraception :crazyeyes
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Out of interest why would someone use the coil over the implant? doesnt sound like a very pleasant form of contraception :crazyeyes

No! Its very comfortable. See pic.

Plastic_Rat_Trap.jpg
  • Options
    its a very good method of contraception. More effective than sterilisation and with fewer side effects than the pill or the implant.
    I dont see any downsides to it tbh, apart from getting it put in, which can hurt, but its worth it to have a side effect free, effective contraception that you dont have to think about for 5 years
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Teagan wrote: »
    No! Its very comfortable. See pic.

Time to change the usertitle? The coil and a rat trap are not one and the same! :shocking:

:razz:
  • Options
    Cheers all, we'll see how it goes...not having another sex marathon for 2 weeks so that'll give her plumbing time to settle down.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Time to change the usertitle? The coil and a rat trap are not one and the same! :shocking:

:razz:

Haha! I was joking! :p