Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Commitment Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I'll try and sum up my 5 year relationship.

My partner (age 24) and I have been seeing each other for over 5 years now however we aren't officially together! We speak every day, see each other every weekend and thursday, go on holiday together, cuddle together and sleep with each other. We go out all the time and he cares about me more than anything - however, he insists that he isnt my boyfriend!

Everyone says that we may as well be together and treat us like we are. However, he went on a date the other week with a girl he has liked for ages and she has contacted him since. He has now left for a year teaching in South Korea and I miss him terribly.

I just dont know how to get him to realise how good I am to him like his friends do and want to commit to me! Any help would be much appreciated xxx

Comments

• Options
    I think after 5 years you should really know where you stand. I couldn't put up with 5 years of not knowing where I stand.
  • Options
    sounds like he's got it sorted - girl on tap when it suits him and freedom to play he field wen he fancies a change of scenery. Why on earth would he want to change such a convenient set up?!

But the more important question is, why on earth would you even consider putting up with it? He clearly just isn't that into you, and has very little respect for you, or he would have got his act together a loooong time ago. You can't make him want to commit to you - only he can do that, and if he wanted to it would have happened by now and he would have made it clear where you both stood before he buggered off half way across the world and left you hanging.

Don't waste any more of your life on the loser - get a bit of self respect, and get out there to find yourself a guy who can actually offer you a proper, healthy, loving relationship.
  • Options
    I agree with 42cr.
  • Options
    42cr wrote: »
    sounds like he's got it sorted - girl on tap when it suits him and freedom to play he field wen he fancies a change of scenery. Why on earth would he want to change such a convenient set up?!

But the more important question is, why on earth would you even consider putting up with it? He clearly just isn't that into you, and has very little respect for you, or he would have got his act together a loooong time ago. You can't make him want to commit to you - only he can do that, and if he wanted to it would have happened by now and he would have made it clear where you both stood before he buggered off half way across the world and left you hanging.

Don't waste any more of your life on the loser - get a bit of self respect, and get out there to find yourself a guy who can actually offer you a proper, healthy, loving relationship.

:thumb:
  • Options
    As already mentioned and to quote Greg Behrendt, it would appear that this guy is just not that into you! Stop letting him have his cake and eat it. Right now.