Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

In a pickle and not sure what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been with my y girlriend for just over 3 years now and things have always been ok. However, I have one problem that I cannot solve and its starting to make me really unhappy.

We dont seem to have discussions any longer, instead I just end up with agreeing with everything that she asks me e.g. when to come and stay with her and do what she wants. She has always been quite emotional and I think that I am just scared of upsetting her with not agreeing with everything that she says and suggests.

I know that I need to bite the bullet, have some balls and tell her exactly what I want to do and come to a compromise that we are both content with.

It has now reached the point last weekend of her talking about marriage and me agreeing with her just for a quiet life, eventhough I really dont want to.

I have not been able to sleep for the last two nights and I know that I need to take control of the situation before things start to get really out of hand.

Does anbody have any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Man up. Gotta be done really and it sounds like you already know this...
  • Options
    Whoa yeah, marriage is a big thing to just agree too just so you don't upset her.
  • Options
    find your balls and talk to her :thumb:
  • Options
    mhhmmmmm pickles.
  • Options
    Yes I pretty much know what I have to do but for some reason I just dont seem to be able to open my mouth. Instead I will just go along with it being fearful for upsetting her and then the tears etc start.

For example its my birthday this weekend and we are going away for the weekend but its more what she wants to do rather than what I want to do. All I wanted was a quiet weekend me goto football with mates and go out for a meal in the evening. Instead we are off to a posh hotel, that will cost loads and neither of us can really afford at the moment either.

Another example is that she was having problems with her teeth and I agreed to pay 50/50 if she got her dental work done privately. To do this I leant her my credit card so that she could get it done, she then tells me that she has no money until she gets paid and now I find myself with a £700-800 credit card bill which I really cannot adford to pay.

Bottom line is that I need to get a grip of myself.
  • Options
    Indeed. Strap on a pair and stand up for yourself every now and then.

Although I can't help wondering why you're even with this girl, other than the fact that you're too afraid to dump her.