Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's the next step?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been in 2 serious relationships before and usually know how this sort of thing goes, ie. The stages from dating, through to exclusivity etc etc.

But I met this guy about 2 weeks ago and we spent an intense weekend hanging out. No sex or anything like that but literally 30+ hours of talking, getting to know each other etc. and I feel like we've really connected.

We fooled around a bit last week but didn't sleep together, my argument being I'd like to know him for at least a week before I put out hehe.

Then this weekend I went off to a festival. He came and picked me up, met my best friend from the train with me. Drove us to the FastCat and we had a sloppy kissy goodbye and when I was alone with my friend she said "It's like you two are a couple already!"

I really missed him and he seems like he really missed me, we text each other whilst I was there and I text him as soon as I got back and we've organised to go out on Thursday and we both said we can't wait etc etc.

My question is this, I REALLY like this guy, I feel so comfortable with him, I think he's gorgeous and I get all tummy flippy around him and he seems to be really into me to. But how can this relationship really develop? Are we still dating? Are we a couple? It's only been a couple of weeks but he's met my dad, we're going out for one of my friend's leaving do's at the end of the week and we ACT like we're a couple.

Does it sound like it's happening a bit too fast? I've had bad experience etc etc in the past but this is happening all so differently and pleasantly compared to them. What steps do you reckon I should take to make this continue?

Comments

• Options
    Dating to seeing someone, and then onto been in a relationship is an immensely blurred line these days. You cant even ask a girl if she will be yours as some will get offended, thinking you are viewing them as some kind of owned object.

I have seen cases where people have been far down the line, and things havnt worked out purely because neither of them had the balls to admit to people they were in a relationship.

Like I say, theres a wide line where you are not sure if/when you have crossed it until well after the point of no return (ie long term going out)

Id prefer if someone could come in this thread and pose the following (what I see as a traditional and much needed) question in a way that wont offend anyone;

Will you be my girlfriend/boyfriend.

Please tell me either way if that post made any, or no sense at all :P
  • Options
    PS I think you should go for it :)
  • Options
    Haha, thanks. It was SO much simpler as a teenager, Do you wanna go out with me? Bish, bash, bosh job done.

The last two relationships I was in one guy was like "Your my girl now right..." which was pretty self explanatory (And says a lot about the guy he was) and the other one... well he went for the traditional "Will you go out with me?" but we were 17.
  • Options
    th, i would still go for the 'will you go out with me' thing... it's just so straight forward, and then you both know where you stand. I think it gives you a bit of nostalgic security :) (if that makes sense?)
  • Options
    Just sit down and talk to him, you're both obviously very comfortable with each other so there's no harm in sitting down and just asking him where he wants to take it and if he see's it as an exclusive, serious relationship.
  • Options
    Mmmm, sounds like a good plan. Should I wait a bit first though, a couple of weeks at least... seems a bit keen really?
  • Options
    I'd say yes normally, but that's not what i'd do..

I'd ask, especially considering how well you're both getting along.

Whats the worst that can happen? He say's no and you both hang out still till something happens?...
  • Options
    True that. I'm sure something will happen come thursday. Speaking of which I REALLY want it to be Thursday already haha thanks guys!