Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Boyfriend Dated 4 Women During 2 Week Split :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all, new to this but would appreciate your views....
my boyfriend and i split up for 2 weeks recently (we were together just over a year). during this split, he told me he had 4 women on the go. told me their names, ages but denied having sex with any of them.
the thing is, he claims to want to marry me, loves me to bits, wants kids etc.....i know we were split up and i have no say in what he did during that time but i can't help feeling that he never felt much for me or never respected me that much,,,,,he says he has got rid of them all since we got back together and i want to believe him but one of the women lives close by but he originally told me she lived 40 miles away...
i am gutted and when i wanted to know more, he dismissed me and told me to go home if i was "going to be like that". needless to say, that hurt a lot.
the point is, he did this in such a short space of time, i don't know whether i can trust him anymore.....our split was because i found him on dating sites and he even put us both onto a swinging site without my knowledge or permission. hmmm, just reading this is giving me the horrors.
maybe i know the answers deep down but i am in love with him and i wish i wasn't. :banghead:
your opinions on this matter would be appreciated.:confused:

Comments

• Options
    sounds to me that he just wants you to be jealous and see "how a manly man he is." he probably had 4 encounters with his right hand in the 2 weeks. He sounds a bit like a wanker, so think thoroughly if you want him back.
  • Options
    You were on a break. Why is it only girls who get a bee in their bonnet about this?

Try and think about it rationally. You were on a break (that you started) and he "dated" 4 girls, ie he met 4 girls at various points for a drink. That isn't a date.

If you want to split up with him, do so because of the shit he is pulling on the internet, not because he took your "we're on a break" notice literally.
  • Options
    he doesnt sound very trustworthy tbh
  • Options
    he doesnt sound very trustworthy tbh

I agree - if the dude is putting you on swingers site i think it's safe to say something is wrong in the relationship - it's fine to do that shit if you're both in agreement. He's going behind your back and being an overall wanker - I think you'll will get more hurt if you stay with him because he'll only do more of this kinda shit behind your back.

Run away, run away fast!
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    You were on a break. Why is it only girls who get a bee in their bonnet about this?

Try and think about it rationally. You were on a break (that you started) and he "dated" 4 girls, ie he met 4 girls at various points for a drink. That isn't a date.

Yeah, cos I'm sure most men would be absolutely fine with their girlfriend seeing four different men when they'd been split up a fortnight. I think she's thinking about it perfectly rationally - as soon as they broke up, he's out there dating other women immediately - and she only has his (not exactly reliable) word for it that nothing happened with these women. He can't love her that much, think she's the woman he wants to grow old with, have babies with etc, if the second they split up, he's off dating numerous women. Hardly pining for her or begging her forgiveness, is it?

But regardless of this, he sounds like bad news.
    Harmless wrote:
    Run away, run away fast!

Seconded.
  • Options
    thanx for your replys folks. i love this man so much and i am hurt beyond all recognition. i am more bothered by him saying stuff about the 4 women. he knows that would have hurt me and when i went quiet he was getting all shirty with me telling me to go home etc
    yes we were split up and yes i had no say over his business but i can't help feeling undervalued and disrespected. just yesterday he told me he was driving along the road and one of the women he dumped for me was driving. he drove up beside her and tooted his horn at her and she gave him the finger. makes me think she is very hurt and there was more to their short relationship than he is admitting.
    i am just so confused.:crying:
  • Options
    I don't understand this whole "go on a break" thing.

IMHO it's basically saying "I want to go see if there's anyone better about". If you find someone better you go with them, if you don't you go back to your partner. If you're the one who says to go on a break then you can't get angry AT ALL if your partner takes you at your word and goes to look at the menu.
  • Options
    we did not have a break. we split up properly because i lost trust in him. i was the one who contacted him and we sorted things out. then he drops this bombshell on me. i HAVE stated that he was free to do what he wanted in that time but i can't help feeling that he couldn't have truly loved me coz he put himself out there so quickly. also, WHY did he even tell me all this? 1st of it was 2 women then a week later he tells me it was FOUR women! he must know this would hurt me and i would rather not have known at all. what u don't know won't hurt you.
  • Options
    Dude.

You were split up for TWO WEEKS. During those two weeks, he saw FOUR different women. Then you contact him, not the other way round; if you hadn't done, he might be shagging one or more of these women now. I completely share your intuition that if you meant anything to him, he wouldn't have been so quick to move on. The alarm bells here are bloody foghorns. Get out get out get out!
  • Options
    If you chucked him and you come back to this, you know your answer. He's a jerk.
  • Options
    Just keep in mind, some guys do have meaningless relationships as a way of helping them get over people they have just broke up with. I've done it myself in the past...

But i wouldn't trust your guy at all, i've used some sites on the net in the past over the years and you don't get 4 dates in the space of a week, ever.

You'd have to be talking to those people for quite awhile and building up a reasonable level of trust in order for them to meet a guy in real life from the net in the very first place, let alone how long it would take to find 4 people who actually return his messages and are interested in him...

Looking at what he's doing and the space of time involved i'd expect he was talking to them before you split up in my personal opinion, i'd stay well away from him.
  • Options
    again, thank you all of you for your kind replys. mr cw has said stuff that i had not thought of before. of course! he MUST have built up some kind of relationship with these women for quite some time in order to meet with them. i feel even more sad than i already did now.............i think i have to admit defeat and call it a day.....i just hope i get over this soon and the pain goes away.....:crying:
  • Options
    Sorry, i didn't meant to upset you. I just glad you see my point. :)
  • Options
    not your fault at all :) you have just made me realise what a dangerous man i am with. thank you again and i replied to your personal message :)
  • Options
    tangolady wrote: »
    i just hope i get over this soon and the pain goes away.....:crying:

The pain will go away but I'd suggest going no contact and deleting him out of your life for time being - maybe ask any burning questions you have before you go no contact......it's doubtful he'll be truthful but you never know.

It's sad, i feel for you, you broke up hoping that he'd change and prove to you that he was trustworthy person, instead you've found out he had 3/4 women waiting in the wings.

Another way to view it could be that he went mad on dating sites straight after you broke up and 3/4 women took the bait - Its not like it's that hard to get dates.....unless your me! :lol: All I'm saying is don't ruin the memory of your relationship by jumping the gun.

I do think you'll be better off without him though :)
  • Options
    tangolady wrote: »
    again, thank you all of you for your kind replys. mr cw has said stuff that i had not thought of before. of course! he MUST have built up some kind of relationship with these women for quite some time in order to meet with them. i feel even more sad than i already did now.............i think i have to admit defeat and call it a day.....i just hope i get over this soon and the pain goes away.....:crying:

Ah, sweetheart. I really feel for you, I know exactly what you're going through, big hugs to you. :heart:

You are definitely doing the right thing by walking away now, believe me. I wish I had had the courage and the strength to do that - I let an arsehole of a guy make me miserable on and off for two years before finally getting the strength and determination to cut him out of my life for good. But before that I had two years of unhappiness, insecurity, emotional turmoil. If you can do this now, and just get through the most difficult first few weeks, you'll soon start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and realise how much better off you are without him.

Don't call him after two weeks this time though!!!
  • Options
    It's more to do with the fact that he must have been doing it while they was together i think.
  • Options
    hey guys thanx for commenting. appreciate them all :) i am still talking to him and he thinks all is ok and i want it to be too but i cannot trust him, everything he says i disbelieve.....i am at work just now, work shifts and he is at his own house and i am wondering whether he is going to meet any1 tonight or be chatting to them on the internet. my head is so messed up and all coz i love him :( i need a new brain lol
  • Options
    Heyya sorry haven't read the thread...

But if you're no longer with him you should try and move on, have a good night out or a day of pampering to get a fresh start :-)
    C-A x