Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Growing apart.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone here been in the situation where after you've been with someone you've suddenly been told that they want to break up with you as they don't feel the way they did anymore?..

I've just been dumped into this situation myself after 5 years with someone, i've been trying my very hardest to get things to work out, i've done everything i possibly can i think with the exception of kidnapping her which is obviously a bad idea. :p

I'm starting to come to terms with the idea but i'm really not finding it that easy at all, it's worse as we're still living together and sharing a bed for the moment too which just makes me feel even worse really.

I know things will get better over time as they always do, but i was just wondering if anyone has an additional advice?

Comments

• Options
    Is there any chance you could go and live with friends for the time being? Just until you get your head straight. There's not much chance of you getting over her when shes constantly there all the time!
  • Options
    Not really, she's moving out shortly though all being well.

She's just taking her time about and thinks it's perfectly ok for her to be here after deciding she wants to end it...

At one point she must have had a slight change of heart and said we could probably work things out after she leaves and gets a little space of her own but she's not even willing to do that anymore... it's almost like she's just playing with me.