Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why the internet is bad for relationships!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, im a bit tired so excuse me if im being daft but tonight, my gf has got one of her male friends round hers and aparently theyre watching a film so she says, just looked on her facebook and there is a message from one of her (female) friends saying:

*message about what they (female friend and gf) did in the day* then: "cya l8a hope ur havin a good evening ;-) lol x"

to which my gf replied saying:

heyyyy yeh well hes still here :) urrm (this next bit is a response to the original message i didnt include)yeh we'll do it like wheneva u can im always free so just let me know! xx

Now is this just me being stupid and paranoid or does it sound like something dodgy is going off between my gf her lad friend? The bits ive put in bold are the bits that make me think that

Comments

• Options
    i think the only thing that looks dodge about it is the winky face, why is she asking if shes having a fun evening ;) if nothing is going on and shes just watching a film with her male friend?" then again the friend may just be a dickhead who uses winky faces in everything, you just never know :)
  • Options
    i dont think it sounds particularly dodgy in itself
  • Options
    NOT right!!

Now, i'm all for g/f's having mates, as we do, but when this starts to involve "cozy nights in !!" WHY wern't you invited ? Sorry mate but if it had been me all he would have been watching is the traffic fly past the ambulance window on his way to Diana's !! Maybe i eat too much red meet but is this your g/f pushing your buttons looking for the caveman reaction !! - you MY woman !!! if you love her PROVE IT !!:naughty:
  • Options
    i think the only thing that looks dodge about it is the winky face, why is she asking if shes having a fun evening ;) if nothing is going on and shes just watching a film with her male friend?" then again the friend may just be a dickhead who uses winky faces in everything, you just never know :)
    :yes:.
  • Options
    Blu wrote: »
    Now, i'm all for g/f's having mates, as we do, but when this starts to involve "cozy nights in !!" WHY wern't you invited ? Sorry mate but if it had been me all he would have been watching is the traffic fly past the ambulance window on his way to Diana's !! Maybe i eat too much red meet but is this your g/f pushing your buttons looking for the caveman reaction !! - you MY woman !!! if you love her PROVE IT !!:naughty:

:nervous:
  • Options
    She's cheatin'. dump her ass and kick his head in
  • Options
    She's cheatin'. dump her ass and kick his head in

Wow, and i thought i was damaged goods :\

Spoke to her on the phone about it after he left last night and mentioned what i had seen on her facebook, first thing she said was "well thats just (female friends name)! im not sure why she put it, it confused me as well"

So it sounds like fireyfirenze/franki could be on the money with their replies. I'm not going to say i 100% beleive her because if i did there probably wouldnt be this thread in the 1st place but at least i got the answer i wanted to hear i guess
  • Options
    Do you know if he is interested in her or does he act like it?

She could have been watching a movie with a guy that has no interest in women.

Find out what movie they watched, if it was Sex in the City, you have your answer ;)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Do you know if he is interested in her or does he act like it?
    No idea, they have been best mates since school though apparently
  • Options
    Hmm, interesting :chin:
  • Options
    If it was the other way round would she be suspicious?
  • Options
    Hmm, interesting :chin:
    Do tell...:confused:
    If it was the other way round would she be suspicious?
    No, i doubt it. She's pretty trusting of me really
  • Options
    If they were friends from school, I would be suprised if nothing has happened in the years since they have known eachother. Its maybe a case of been there, done that.

If she was going to go around this guy for a shag, she wouldnt tell you, she would make something up like 'going out with her mates'. Her honesty suprises me, and suggests she has nothing to hide.

Are you sure he isnt gay, and they were having a girly night?

I think you maybe barking up the wrong tree.
  • Options
    If they were friends from school, I would be suprised if nothing has happened in the years since they have known eachother. Its maybe a case of been there, done that.

If she was going to go around this guy for a shag, she wouldnt tell you, she would make something up like 'going out with her mates'. Her honesty suprises me, and suggests she has nothing to hide.

He's not gay as far as i know, think he has a gf as well. my gf just said i was being daft as they had been mates for like ten years and nothing has ever hapened before why would it happen now.

To be honest im probably pushing her away through paranoia more than anything dodgy going but i dont know how to stop it :grump:
  • Options

So at what age are you no longer to be allowed to be non-sexual friends with the opposite sex. As soon as their cooties go away? :p
  • Options
    :nervous:

haha, this is the correct response. yea, beat him into a wheel chair!!! and maybe your g/f too, just so she had her lesson not to watch movies!! or have friends!!! or use "urrm" on facebook, whatever.

btw. I don't think anything is going on between them. I spent lots of evenings with girls that would let ring their bf's alarm bells, but with friends you had for so long it is usually very unusual that there is something sparkling.