Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wasnt sure whether to put this in health or here, but i have a quick question!

Comments

• Options
    Wasnt sure whether to put this in health or here, but i have a quick question!

My boyfriend started feeling ill yesterday and has been off work for two days, hes got a temparature, his whole body aches, stomach ache, sore throat and headaches, just genuinely ill. He's been texting me today asking me come round and give him a cuddle cos he feels so bad, which i get, i know when you're feeling shitty its really nice to get a cuddle off your loved one but the only thing is, as much as id like to make him feel better, im reluctant to go round in case i catch what hes got!

i dont know if im being unreasonable or what but im scared of being ill, i really hate it (well i know nobody likes it...) i love him to bits but i feel like theres no point me going round there and catching the same thing as him and then feeling just as shite as he is...am i being mean? i feel torn! i want to give him a hug but i dont want to be ill...what dya reckon?
    Find out if its contagious then if not go give him a big hug!!!
  • Options
    Find out if its contagious then if not go give him a big hug!!!

well if i definitely knew it wasnt contagious id be round there like a shot! but i dont even know whats wrong with him, his mum said probably just some kind of bug, but you can probably catch those right? im scared hes starting with swine flu which would be awful for him but what i definitely dont want!
  • Options
    Sounds like swine flu to me. I work on the swine line and if he gave me those symptoms I'd be giving him tamiflu. :lol: :shocking:
  • Options
    Well if you loved him you wouldn't care if you would catch something so go and give him a cuddle regardless
  • Options
    Well if you loved him you wouldn't care if you would catch something so go and give him a cuddle regardless

and just pass it on to everyone. :rolleyes:

It's probably better to find out what it is first before you go to see him.

There is a lot of this going around where i live but it doesn't turn out to be swine flu its just a horrible bug.
  • Options
    id look after my boyfriend if he was ill even if it meant id get it myself, as long as he would look after you if you get it
  • Options
    Sounds heartless but i'd probably just give some sympathy over the phone or something. Doesnt sound like something you want to catch really and it will probably only last a few days at the most
  • Options
    i went over in the end cos i felt really mean about not going, i wish i hadnt cos he was mega grumpy cos he was ill and i couldnt say anything without him biting my head off. if i catch what he has now il be super annoyed. hehe.
  • Options
    I usually go and go see my friends if they like so just to play a bit xbox or talk and stuff (because it can be a real pain to be alone at home not being able to use the computer because of terrible headache). I don't care if I catch it. I'm a tough motherfucker.