Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help! I'm lonely!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my first post, please be nice - So I'm 19 now, and I've never had a bf or anything. It feels stupid saying this, but i want a boyfriend, I'm lonely! Any advice on looking for a boyfriend would be much appreciated! (like, how to meet people, the best way to go about it, what should my expectations be, etc...)

Comments

• Options
    It's really just a case of the usual cliches and platitudes: be yourself, relax, don't rush things and don't be so desperate that you'll take anyone.

If you're at uni, get involved in clubs and societies and take things from there. Don't go with the intention of meeting someone, but if you're having fun doing things you enjoy then you're more likely to be open to new people.

Internet dating's not bad either, if you take the usual precautions and don't expect too much from it. I met my wife on here!
  • Options
    xochi wrote: »
    my first post, please be nice - So I'm 19 now, and I've never had a bf or anything. It feels stupid saying this, but i want a boyfriend, I'm lonely! Any advice on looking for a boyfriend would be much appreciated! (like, how to meet people, the best way to go about it, what should my expectations be, etc...)

It's hard to give you any meaningful advice because you have said so little about yourself. Do you live in a big city? Do you have many friends? Why do YOU think you have not found a boyfriend?
  • Options
    About me? well, I'm in my third year at uni. I also have a job on the side. So I guess I'm pretty busy. I don't think I've had a boyfriend before because I wasn't looking for one, so I was pretty oblivious. For example, there have been some guys that I now realize had shown interest in me. But I didn't realize it at the time so nothing happened.
    Now I am ready for a relationship, but I am just confused. I don't what to do.

ps-thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Oh, and I have a few close friends, not a lot of friends. And I do live in a big city, but I want to meet more people at the university.
  • Options
    There will be no point hunting around and accepting any man that will ask you out, just live a life as normal imo but pay attention to the people around you, a guy could be giving you hints that you are oblivious too :P

also yer internet dating is good =]
  • Options
    Thanks for the good advice! ... It's just hard waiting, you know?
  • Options
    xochi wrote: »
    Thanks for the good advice! ... It's just hard waiting, you know?

I understand, i was single for ages until i met my boyfriend in April, and we have been great ever since, he is totally perfect, so i would say its well worth the wait. :)
  • Options
    I agree, i'm single and not actively looking for anyone, because i want to concentrate on making myself happy *snigger* . but yeh, when i'm content within myself, i'll be in a good headspace to meet someone new :D
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    i want to concentrate on making myself happy *snigger*

350__1_rampantwave_1.jpg