Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Abortion pill??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, im new to thesite im looking for some adivce :(, i feel so heartbroken, i met a guy in a club who lives out of town from me (about 2 hours away) , we exchnaged numbers and were texting and talking all the time so we arranged to meet up the folowing week, anyway i ended up sleeping with him, i was on the pill so we didnt use a condom (stupidly) anyway i dont know how the hell it happened i must have missed one somewhere down the line because now im pregnant :( , i usualy have my period around the 20th of every month and lasts about 4 or 5 days, i had my july period on the 20th and slept with him on the 2nd august and havent come on since sooo im around 2 weeks late ive taken about 6 pregnance tests all posivitve, i text him and told him i was pregnant and he wouldnt even cal me or answer my calls, he just text me and said that he wanted me to get rid of it, i cant belive this i really liked him, how can he be so cold as to not even speak to me about it? :( sorry for rambling. my question to you really is how far gone about would i be and i heard you can get an "early abortion pill" but is there a waiting list for it? and is it like a normal abortion? what is the procedure? i cant speak to my mum or any friends about this and obviously cant speak to him either xxx pls help

Comments

• Options
    I'll assume you're in the UK.

In the early stages of pregnancy a chemical abortion (two pills taken 12 hours apart) is offered, as well as a surgical abortion. Both types are provided by the hospital, it's not something you can buy from the chemist.

If you've had a positive test then that means you're pregnant, you can't normally get false positives. If you're sure you want an abortion go and talk to your GP, it's your GP who will need to make the arrangements for you.

If you have a friend who you trust, you should really consider opening up to them about it. Going to the hospital without any moral support can be pretty hard sometimes.
  • Options
    is there usualy a waiting list for it because im probably over a month gone already?will i have to stay in hospital the whole time? i cant even think straight :(
  • Options
    your gp should be your first port of call ,if this isn't an option try a family planning clinc or brook center. They will be able to offer you help on how to proceed.
  • Options
    You can't just turn up and have one, but you don't normally need to wait too long. Your GP or family planning clinic will need to refer you for a termination.

Depending on what type of termination you have depends on how long you have to be in hospital. For most terminations you can be treated as a day patient.
  • Options
    thank you, i know earlier the better but im still getting my head around this :( i feel bad because i was on the pill now i give him this news, i can understand why he feels angry but i didnt do this on my own, he keeps texting telling me that i need to get rid of it but he wont even pick up the fone or call me so i feel angry that i have to do this on my own , he text and asked me why i was so stresseed bescaue i was so early i could just take the pill and get rid and why would i want to keep it? ..I cant explain though my mood has changed and although i feel like crap i also feel bad for thinking about abortion , am i silly for even debting keeping this baby, considering we have only met twice?
  • Options
    If you have a close friend you should talk about it with them. It's not anything to be humiliated or ashamed of, even when taken correctly the contraceptive pill is only 99.5% effective.

It isn't an easy thing to go through, even if you're certain that you want a termination. If you can, try not to suffer alone. If there's nobody you trust to talk to, consider calling the Samaritans. They can't tell you what to do, but they can listen to you.

Some men who react badly are panicked by it, some think they've been tricked (they don't understand that there's no such thing as risk-free sex) and some are just twats. If he won't talk to you then don't try and force him.

It's really a decision for you to make anyway, whether you want a termination or whether you want to carry to term and have a child. There's no moral right or wrong choice, despite what some people claim, but it has to be the right choice for you.