Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Strapless bra and big boobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some of you may have seen the lovely dress I have bought from asos. It's a weird kind of fit, it's a bit loose around the thighs but fits over the tummy and around my back, but at the front where my boobs are it seems a little bit big which is weird as normally I have to get a bigger size to fit my bad boys in.

I've come to the conclusion I need a good strapless bra. Ones I've had before have been rubbish, just sort of sit there. I've a 36/38E so it's hard to find ones that push them up, does anyone know where I can find one?

Comments

• Options
    New look or marks and spencers :-)
    C-A x
  • Options
    John lewis have one but it covers quite a bit and i had to take mine back as it was too high cut for my top.
    I am also looking for a good one. I am going to go to perfect fit near me. dunno if thats a uk wide place?
  • Options
    I have the same problem. Never bought a strapless bra but the ones i've tried on just seem to, as you say, sit there and do nothing, even slip a bit. I think the way to go for big boobs is see through straps.
  • Options
    theres ones from M&S which have like grips on the sides which prevent slipping and hav strengthened cups for those with a larger bust JB x
  • Options
    I normally wear those bras that the straps can come off of. And keep the straps in my bad encase of emergencies... I'm a 32 DD, so it is quite easy to find bras my size... In Beales they normally have very good bras in a lot of sizes. You could always try one of those long corset type things?
    C-A x
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    is see through straps.

is it just me who thinks these are a fashion crime?

haha
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »

haha

Haha its true they are but its better than having to hoick your bra up every 5 seconds and feeling like your hanging out in the open
  • Options
    or you get a breeze and think you've popped out....mortifying!! JB x
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »

:no:

They are pretty hideous.

I'm not the best fan of strapless bras, but I find they stay up a little better if you go down a back size - make sure they're really snug. Remember that if you go down a back size, you'll probably need to go up a cup size!
  • Options
    Ive been recently looking for a white strapless bra and I've realised i need to go to a bra fitting place and ask them to find me one that fits me, even if i end up with something completely not my size! All the others that are my size dont fit properly :chin: