Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help with Can You RUN It?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is this test very accurate because my 4 year old laptop was nowhere near as good as my new one in terms of spec and I could run C&C Generals on it yet when I run the Can You Run It? test on my new laptop with C&C Generals selected it tells me that the test has failed because of my gfx card yet I have all the features the game needs.

sysreq.jpg

Is this because I don't have the gfx card that is recommended? I guess it's a bit hard to tell if a game with actually run or not.

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried running the game?
  • Options
    No I don't have it any more.
  • Options
    It might be that the card will work fine and meets the specs, but just isn't recognised by the software due to being old.
  • Options
    It could just be because a lot of mobile chipset graphics aren't officially supported, even if they can run the games.
  • Options
    What laptop do you have?
  • Options
    @Shy: It's an Acer Aspire 5735Z - the version with 4GB ram.

Not sure why some of the same models differ slightly, mine has 4GB ram and doesn't have a web cam whereas my sister who has the exact same model has 3GB of ram and a web cam, not that she uses it, neither would I.
  • Options
    The video card isn't great for gaming... nothing much wrong with it fior everyday use, but it's not particularly brilliant for games...
  • Options
    I had this with one of my laptops before, Don't worry too much, its because it is a mobile graphics chipset it is NOT officially support, but it'll work fine/should do :)

To CTSM

yeah but lets be honest, CnC Generals is hardly a graphics hungry game, should play it piece of piss :)
  • Options
    I know that... but it's hardly the wisest chipset purchase if you're keen on playing games. :)

I'm rather puiddled...