Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tales of Monkey Island

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Any other fans excited to see Guybrush back?
I just finished the first chapter, and it looks to be a lot better than Escape (which was, IMO, pretty bad). Also, Ron Gilbert's an advisor so here's to hoping we might eventually find out what the real Secret of Monkey Island is...

I already finished the 1st chapter on the wii, and I'm thinking of buying the entire season's PC version... The second episode is out tomorrow.

Btw, I'd suggest to avoid the wii version. While the game is good, it's been heavily compressed and is very laggy at times. Also, they say the voices sound worse but I can't offer an opinion since I've not tried the PC versions so far.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I enjoyed the start of it so need to get through the whole chapter ( I had a save game problem)

It's great to Guybrish out and about again - though I'm secretly hoping for a Loom remake and the next two parts of that promised trilogy :)
  • Options
    I don't care about a remake tbh, but yeah, the sequels would be good!

About MI, it's nice to see that Guybrush is back to his "normal" intelligence from 1-3 and not the total idiot he was in 4...
  • Options
    I only played Escape from, and I liked that. Loved Grim Fandango too. I'll have to look out for this, but I don't really have a gaming PC any more, so I dunno if it'll work.

ETA: Just downloading the trial from Amazon.

ETA2: It works! But because of Amazon's stupid decision to not allow you to buy it off the American site, they've just lost a sale. Idiots.
  • Options
    I completed the first section in time for the release of the second. £21 for all five parts seems like a pretty good deal to me. Loving the second part so far.
  • Options
    Is anyone still playing this? I completed the 4th part last night.
  • Options
    Is anyone still playing this? I completed the 4th part last night.

Yep I have the season on the PC, waiting for the last part to come out. It's been fun!
  • Options
    Technically I'm not playing it (having finished all the episodes up to now) but I'm also waiting for the 5th. Excitedly!