Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

He says he feels settled with me and not so much loved up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been seeing my boyfriend for 2 months although I have known him longer, I asked if today if he was still felt loved up or does he feel more settled and he said "more settled to be honest".

Is this a good thing?

Comments

• Options
    you tell me.
  • Options
    Whats what I am asking? lol
  • Options
    Do you want him settled or loved up?
  • Options
    Just because he's settled it doesnt mean he loves you any less
  • Options
    Could settled not mean a good thing?
  • Options
    He feels settled after only 2 months? I feel that 2 months is a bit early to feel settled tbh. There are still so many things I am sure you both have to find out about each other and so many new experiences that you have to share before you can be truly settled.

That's how I feel anyway. However, it shouldn't mean that he loves you any less, erhaps he's just tired of the dating game and just wants a good, cosy relationship with you?
  • Options
    The way it comes across it that it isn't a good thing, if he had said 'more settled' that might be different, but the 'to be honest' makes it sound like it's a bad thing. I usually say 'to be honest' if I know what I'm saying isn't really what the other person wants to hear. That said he could be happy being more settled but knows you want him to say he's loved up?
  • Options
    Well after all that he dumped me by text tonight!! Ah well.
  • Options

Nice. You're better off without him!
  • Options
    Yeah I know! Prat! lol. I think I'm over him already,well 2 months aint much to get over really is it. Shame as we were got pals on Facebook before we started going out, he hasn't deleted me as a friend on there, I wont so it's up to him, im not bothered either way.
  • Options

he must have feel very settled then.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

men.

doesn't sound like a keeper whatever way...
  • Options
    Yeah so many mixed signals, straight from the start he nagged me to go out with him, for 6 months as I recall, my last relationship ended badly so I wasn't ready for another but I believed and trusted him that he was different. Feel like an idiot now for doing so.:banghead:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

Exactly, so why he said that I don't know
  • Options
    His loss I'm sure :)
  • Options
    I'm hoping he will come to realise that, apparently he said in his text that "he doesn't feel about me like he should" ?????
  • Options
    He's still got me as a "friend" on facebook so dont really know what to think about that, dont know if he wants to go back to being FB buddies like we were before or just to check on what I have been doing etc. I changed my relationship status back to single but haven't blasted him on my status. Just put a few lines from one of my Madonna songs "You probably think I'm crazy I don't want you to save me Don't mean to disappoint you I've never felt so free If you could stand in my shoes Then you would feel my heartbeat too (Madonna: Heartbeat 2008).:)
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry yourself about Facebook, it's Facebook after all, it doesn't mean anything so don't go reading into things unnecessarily. You've broken up, end of, that's all you need to know :)
  • Options
    Yeah I know, end of. I've felt it a little bit throughout today, but only giving it 5 seconds to take over me and thats it.