Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I went to the......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday I had an appointment at the dentist. I knew a receptionist there. When I came back down to pay, she asked me if I remember her from college, and I said "yes". She then asked where I worked and I replied in a chocolate factory. The she asked me "Is that why you need a filling?" She was a little cheeky in asking me that, even the other receptionist said so lol.

Anyway I have liked her since we went to the same class at college. And I want to ask her out, but I don't know if she is seeing someone (I bet she is because she is gorgeous!!).

Could I give her me number and say I want a date, or should I just give her my number? I just don't want her to 'slip' away!!

The only problem is that I'm soooo shy when talking to girls!!!! Its a habit which i seriously want to get out of.

I also have a problem with my left ankle as I have 2 ulcers on it, I would rather wait for them to heal before I go on a date with someone, although it doesn't hurt (only one ulcer hurts) when I walk about in the afternoon......so maybe we could go on a short walk somewhere...just dunno yet.

Comments

• Options
    i don't see why not. go for it. you're gonna know until you try. :P
  • Options
    Yesterday I had an appointment at the dentist. I knew a receptionist there. When I came back down to pay, she asked me if I remember her from college, and I said "yes". She then asked where I worked and I replied in a chocolate factory. The she asked me "Is that why you need a filling?" She was a little cheeky in asking me that, even the other receptionist said so lol.

Anyway I have liked her since we went to the same class at college. And I want to ask her out, but I don't know if she is seeing someone (I bet she is because she is gorgeous!!).

Could I give her me number and say I want a date, or should I just give her my number? I just don't want her to 'slip' away!!

The only problem is that I'm soooo shy when talking to girls!!!! Its a habit which i seriously want to get out of.

I also have a problem with my left ankle as I have 2 ulcers on it, I would rather wait for them to heal before I go on a date with someone, although it doesn't hurt (only one ulcer hurts) when I walk about in the afternoon......so maybe we could go on a short walk somewhere...just dunno yet.

Should have asked her if she comes included in the £45 fee.

On a serious note, yeah pass her number on, suggest a short walk or something that you can cope with, if she asks why, then be a man and tell her about "a foot problem"
  • Options
    I should have said that it sometimes smells, but the nurses should be sorting it out. They also said it was normal for them to smell. This time they have put a dressing on which helps to shield the smell and help with drying up the leakage from the ulcer.
  • Options
    Crucify your foot with lynx or something, with a sock on and shoes she wont be able to notice the spray that much.
  • Options

Talk to boys? Ha x sorry im joking!

But no.... she wont care about your foot problem! I have some problems and my friends and stuff don't care... She'll like you for you not for the fact you have two ulcers on your feet. Just smile tell her you like her, and offer your number :)
    Good luck
    C-A xx
  • Options
    Just give her your number, and go from there :)
  • Options
    Yep I'll give her my number :)

I'm trying not to be negative but...I have a hunch that she won't contact me for some reason. And I bet she has a b/f.

I'll let you all know how it went and if she says anything when I give her my number.
  • Options
    Good luck :-)
    C-A x
  • Options
    Thanks C.A.

I have to wait til thursday til I go again.
  • Options
    Is there any chance you would be innocently going near by the dentists like the day before? As if you are, you could pop in to double check on your appointment, see her then, get the funny business out of the way. Instead of doing it right before you get your teeth munched on by a dentist. Have a bit of banter with her, and once you appointment with the dentist is confirmed, ask her if you can make an appointment with her. Or possibly do that after you have been to be drilled on by the dentist.

Its only a thought though.
  • Options
    Make an appointment with her? Thats a cute thought lol

I was going to give her my number after I've seen the dentist. I think I'll give her it then.

Good idea though MrG!!
  • Options
    What happens if you cant talk, or unable to talk in a manner befitting being able to make such an appointment (after surgery etc)?
  • Options
    I'm only having a filling done.

When I go I usually say my name and who I have an appointment with. But this time I'm going to say who I have an appointment with and see if she remembers. I might even say "Hey gorgeous" as soon as I arrive lol. JUST HOPE I get served by her as there are two receptionists!

I don't know why I have left it til now to ask her out as I have seen her once or twice in town. Only said "hi" to each other.
    Then I didn't see her for at least a year or two. Now she works at the dentist.
  • Options
    I might even say "Hey gorgeous" as soon as I arrive lol. JUST HOPE I get served by her as there are two receptionists!

*cringes*

Don't do this :no:

It depends what sort of person she is, but she could be really embarassed by this. You need to be more subtle!
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    *cringes*

Don't do this :no:

It depends what sort of person she is, but she could be really embarassed by this. You need to be more subtle!

My thinking! If someone said that to me, who i havnt seen in ages, it would look abit pervy to me. But thats just me, as fruit loop said, it depends on the girl. But saying "Hey Gorgeous" is probally abit to over the top, to say you havnt seen her in ages.
  • Options
    Good points.

I won't say it then :)
  • Options
    I am really skeptical about meeting this lass because of my ulcer. It smells awful.

I'm just wondering if both of us could be friends for now and when both of my ulcers properly heal we'll arrange to meet each other.

Besides my confidence isn't all that great at the moment because of these god damn ulcers.
  • Options
    If she's decent enough she'll understand. Turning someone down because of some medical thing thats not their fault and cant be helped?? I'm sure she's got more decency than that
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    If she's decent enough she'll understand. Turning someone down because of some medical thing thats not their fault and cant be helped?? I'm sure she's got more decency than that

Yep I'm sure she has:)
  • Options
    I guess if she was already going out with me, she wouldn't seriously have a problem with it. And she would be maybe more caring.
  • Options
    I guess if she was already going out with me, she wouldn't seriously have a problem with it. And she would be maybe more caring.

:yes: I recently dated (and had sex with) a guy who had some kind of ass surgery (LOL). I didn't have a problem with the dressing, It was him I liked (and he still had a nice ass :P)
  • Options
    Lol

Going tomorrow. Appointment is at 9am.

She's called 'Leah'.

I've tried to find her on facebook, but I can't find it. Either she doesn't have a computer or she isn't on the website.
  • Options
    Lol

Going tomorrow. Appointment is at 9am.

She's called 'Leah'.

I've tried to find her on facebook, but I can't find it. Either she doesn't have a computer or she isn't on the website.

Hope all goes well, be yourself and don't worry about your ulcers, if she likes you she won't care about them :thumb:
  • Options
    She wasn't there :crying:

I knew I should have gone back to the dentist on the day I saw her and given my number to her!
  • Options
    I guess 'there's plenty of fish in the sea'.

I'm really fed up now. Ever since thursday I've been on 2 online dating sites and no one has replied to any of my messages. I was chatting to one person but she hasn't been online since the 12th August.

I'm soooo fed up of people not replying to any of my messages. I guess I could think of something new to say to 'break the ice' but I have no idea on what to say though

And ideas?

I normally say "Hi I liked your profile. If your interested please reply xx"
  • Options
    Thursday wasn't that long ago... give people a bit of time!
  • Options
    I have actually been on those 2 sites for ages now, but no one seems to contact me/contact me first.

Its getting boring!!!
  • Options
    Okay well if I was being really picky I'd say your message could be improved. Don't take this personally!

1. Change "If your interested" to "If you're interested".
    2. Leave out the kisses until you know them better.
    3. Flesh it out a bit - compliment her or mention something on her profile that interests you. Make it seem like you aren't just mailing people en masse so she knows you're interested in her!
    4. Use positive language to make yourself sound confident. E.g. remove the "please" and maybe change "reply" to "let's chat" or "tell me some more about yourself". Give her somewhere to go next. Maybe ask a question about her interests?