Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confused and lost.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't know how I should type this... It's the first time I've felt like this really.

So here's the story of how I met the girl. I met the girl during the beginning-ish of my last year of school. She's one year younger than me. I met her because my friend knew her and during my spare I'd walk around with my friend cause there was nothing else to do. I added her to facebook and we started talking and stuff and quickly became friends. A few months later she breaks up with her boyfriend randomly and at the time she seemed so broken I felt I had to help her. I helped her get through it and I think her and I became better friends. A few months later her ex started to beg her to come back and she was getting sad again because she didn't know what to do. I continued to help her. This probably continued for a while.

When school ended we continued to talk on facebook and what not. I got a new phone and we texted each other a lot. Anyway. Here comes the problem of confusion.

Whenever she does not reply for a long time through texts I get this really heavy feeling in my chest, I don't know why. I get really sad and I talk to my friends about it and they say that I like her. This may be true, who knows. I don't know myself, but I do like the current level of friendship her and I have right now and I don't want to throw it away. One wrong sentence and I might scare her away.

I let one of my friends go through the messages and she said there was a 80%-90% chance that she liked me. She said that never in any of her relationships that if she was this friendly or anything she'd put so many hearts and ILY's at the end of every post or even want someone to continuously text me.

Recently it's been getting more heavy when she doesn't reply. I don't know what I should do.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone? Please?
  • Options
    sounds like love to me :), youre perhaps getting a bit panicky about her not responding meaning that she doesnt like you, but are you always attached to your phone? think out the possibilities to reason away your panic.

i understand why you wouldnt want to ruin what you have, it's so scary putting yourself out on a limb like that! but you need to make sure that she has time to sort her head out if you do decide to tell her how you feel, it sounds like she may still be getting over her boyfriend, and has mixed feelings about the two of you.
  • Options
    I agree, i think thats love :) It sounds like shes a bit confused to what she wants at the moment, it could be mixed feelings between you and her ex boyfriend. Its probably quite a hard time for her at the moment, so you need to give her some space perhaps and sometime for her to think about what she wants, i know it must be so scary knowing that if you told her how you feel it could all change, but after some time, who knows, she could tell you first how she feels about you. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the comfort :) It crossed my mind once that I thought maybe I liked her, just overly worried? haha.

This is also just probably me being me, but, I've noticed her texts/messages have decreased in size, and have an exceptionally decreased amount of emoticons/<3's/ILY. Don't get me wrong and think that a message must have them, but she previously did insert a lot of emoticons/<3's/ILY's

Like I said, probably just me, but I wanted this community to maybe give their opinion once again :)

Emotions are a troublesome thing, are they not?
  • Options
    Yeah, i know how you feel, when your in love with someone, just little things like <3 and ILY's matter to you :)
  • Options
    So, after a few kicks in the arse by my good friends, they convinced me to confess...

I don't know what to say. I don't want to say anything that would weird her out or anything. I know it's better if it comes from the heart and is better if it wasn't practised beforehand or anything.

but.

Hey <name>. Lately I've been having a hard time talking to you because I find myself liking you as more than friends. I understand if you may be weirded out or might want to stop being my friend, but I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Tell me what you think. I know I shouldn't be using a practised confession but I don't know how else I'm going to say it.
  • Options
    hi,

I do think you should tell her out rightly but just be prepared that she may or may not feel the same.
    I remember a little while ago getting the same feelings over someone that I had not met and then we talked over the phone and it was pretty strong stuff but then all of sudden the magic died. I dont know why that happened.
    I am also one of these that thinks what we should say to one another should be via our own voice and not a text. Reason being is that messages can get miscontstrued and mobiles are not very reliable. When my husband does not send me a x I get funny but why should we do so over a phone. I would rather have a kiss from him in reality.

Just be yourself......good luck