Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

$0, $2 Million or $1 Million?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just watching the movie it could happen to you - in the movie a cop promises to split his winnings (if any on the lottery) with a waitress as he doesn't have money for a tip and wins $4 million and ends up giving her $2 million.

Since the cop is married and plays the lottery with his wife on a regular basis I don't see why he gave the waitress $2 million - I'd have thought he's entitled to half and his wife the other half and in turn is only able to promise to split his own winnings i.e. $2 million

I think if he was being fair the waitress should have gotten $1 million - i.e. half of his half..

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Options
    DG wrote: »
    gotten

Gotten? You turning American? ;)

I agree. If I were his wife, I'd be pissed.
  • Options
    I think its cos as husband and wife theyre a team and stand together as one instead of two seperates since they share the money, whereas the waitress is seperate from their 'team'
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I think its cos as husband and wife theyre a team and stand together as one instead of two seperates since they share the money, whereas the waitress is seperate from their 'team'
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    He bought the ticket, he won? his $4m... he could do what he wanted with that, his wife should of been grateful for him winning any money at all!

The point is that HE made a decision to tip the wiatress without consulting his wife, who had a claim to half the share of the winnings. He should have given the waitress money out of HIS share and not arrogantly given away money out of his wife's half.
  • Options
    I'd have gone with the 2mil half until I joined a mobile family plan with my parents and they tried to pull that off on me. My sister, my mom, my dad and I have a phone... but the bill was split 3 ways. They are two people with two phones and should be split like that :p