Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Photos on C Drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HI. I really don't know much about computers but I have about 7000 photos on my computer. Under My Pictures, Documents but also with HP Gallery and Picassa. I want to copy them to an external hard drive but what happens if I then delete them from My pictures? Do I have them repeated 3 times ie 21,000 pictures or do they access the same 7000 photos?

Comments

• Options
    The more sure-fire way of knowing is *move* (not copy) the 7000 pictures from My Pictures, then open up a doggy search on C drive to see if any remaining pictures crop up.

To run doggy search:

- Open up My Computer, then nagivate to C
    - Hit CTRL+F to bring up Rover The Dog
    - Top option, "pictures, music or video"

You might find a few in the Windows directory. Ignore those as they will be the preset Windows wallpapers. Any vast quantities found anywhere else on C will likely be from a third party photo album, or depends if you've placed pictures anywhere else on C.
  • Options
    As long as you know what you're looking for, I don't see anything dangerous about using the doggy search.
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    Just do a search for pictures, anything well over the 7,000 mark will mean you have the same pictures stored in the same place.

Ermm.. I've already said that, plus I told how to start the search (go to C, press CTRL-F etc)

:-)