Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not sure what to think...here

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So the other day i posted asking peoples opinions about how they thought a first date went. It seemed most thought it was positive and it was just me being nervous. I went out with her on saturday night and waited till tonight to call her. Now i do remember when we were first talking before we decided to meet she mentioned a family trip to NC next week (and she just started a new job) so while on the phone with her talking for 30 minutes about her new job i asked her if she'd like to go to dinner wensday or thursday. She replied "Well i do have a lot to do to get ready for this trip i told you about next week. Let me call you wensday and see what i can get done before then." Does that sound like an honest hey i am interested but i'm busy kinda thing? Or more like a polite i am not interested?..

I realize a lot of you are probably just thinking dude..wait till wensday see if she calls..but in the meantime i would like some opinions. And on that subject if she does NOT call wensday should i call her? and if i should how long should i wait?

Thanks =) Your all so great here and you have been fantastic helping me with my nervousness getting back into the dating world. I took 3 years off after an engagement broke...just because i could not deal with it..So the support here has been fantastic helping me ease back in. I simply can not thank you all enough :D

Comments

• Options
    Ok if she has a trip, she genuinly might just be busy, the fact shes said she will see what she can do is a good indicator, however, if she doesnt call on wednesday, she was just blowing you off in the nicest way she could at the time, Dont call her, let her call you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback any second/third opinions?
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd say wait until Wednesday, and it does sound like it's genuine to me anyway. :)
  • Options
    In the eyes of many, you've now completed your part of deal, you've gone on a date and promised to call her and you have! It's now up to her to make time for you.

Don't chase anymore(ie no txts, calls or e-mails), as she has already told you that she's busy. I'd say let her sort her shit out and make the next move.

I guess there isn't hard and fast rule to these things and you should go with your gut feeling - Don't write her off if you haven't heard from her by Wensday. She might contact you once her trip is over with.....