Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I can only orgasm when I am on top, why??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a woman who is very pleased with my sex life with my boyfriend. The only problem is that I can only cum when I am on top, cowgirl style. This makes my boyfriend feel like he is doing something wrong, when I really feel like it is my problem. I want to be able to orgasm in other positions!! Any advice? Anything will help!! Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    It's all about how your clitoris and g-spot is stimulated during sex, it's not a failure if you need the stimulation you get from being on top.

A lot of women can only come when they're on top, purely for anatomical reasons.
  • Options
    Men don't normal rub your clit when they're on top its easier to do yourself tbh, I wouldn't worry about it just reassure him he aint doing anything wrong, its just the way things go normally
  • Options
    Aww dont worry about it hun. I can understand why your bf will be a bit down about it though.
    Some woman just cant climax in certain positions try and explain this to him.
    I mean a lot of woman cant even climax from sex so at least your lucky to get it one way! Lol.
    If you can only climax on top then perhaps doggy style may be another one that makes you climax... I find that one the best for me as I can really feel all of his cock... *blushes* try that it might work!
  • Options
    I've met girls like that before too. i wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    If you consider the position you're in that makes you orgasm then you need to translate this into other ways. Doggy style, although pleasurable, may not "hit the spot" because you may need more frontal stimulation. When he's on top, try not wrapping your legs around him and maybe sink a little lower so he rubs the clitoris more as well as penetrating you. This is almost reproducing the stimulation you get when you're in control and on top and should work.

Be positive about it though. Tell him what works and both of you experiment with positions. If he misses the spot, doggy style for example, there's nothing to stop you from using your fingers to assist him bring you to the boil.

Play, it's what makes for fantastic sex.