Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to know if he wants me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been seeing this guy for three and a half years. We've lived together for 2 and a half years. We are not in a relationship. He says "he isn't ready for a relationship. It's kinda like we are in a realtionship but he just will not confess it. He doesn't like me to kiss him on the lips. We have sex but it has to be when he wants to Only! I have a higher sex drive so he is constantly telling me no. He is a really good guy but im not sure if he really wants to be with me or if he is trying to use me because I make more money than he does so I pay majority of the bills.

Comments

• Options
    It sounds very much like you ARE in a relationship, but only under his ruling!
    I dont understand why he cant accept it is one, when you've made the move to live with each other, and are sharing an intimate part of each other, even if it is only when he wants it.

so, why do you put up with this? living with this guy for a number of years, yet not really properly having him?
    it does seem like he has everything he wants - someone to have sex with, someone to help pay bills, but without having to commit to anything more than flat mates with benefits.
    Do you know how he truely feels about you? and the reasons for not commiting himself into a relationship?
  • Options
    well i dont think you are in a relationship really. But i do agree with nelly bar when they say you are a flat mate with benfits.

If you are ok with that then its all good :D but if you ant then you should kick him into touch!
  • Options
    Shay wrote: »
    I have been seeing this guy for three and a half years. We've lived together for 2 and a half years. We are not in a relationship. He says "he isn't ready for a relationship. It's kinda like we are in a realtionship but he just will not confess it. He doesn't like me to kiss him on the lips. We have sex but it has to be when he wants to Only! I have a higher sex drive so he is constantly telling me no. He is a really good guy but im not sure if he really wants to be with me or if he is trying to use me because I make more money than he does so I pay majority of the bills.

sounds to me exactly what you are describing:
    he gets sex, he has you paying the bills and he has complete control and decides what's going to happen.

where do I sign?

If you want to be with him I would rather turn off all the sex etc. and let him realize how it is. I guess he will come back to you for a fairer relationship, or he just bones another chick. I don't know. but this doesn't sound very satisfying.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be happy with that situation. Don't let him dictate everything just because you like him.