Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

awwww crap

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mom left me and my dad when i was 3. in the coming years she tried to keep me. now i'm 12 and i want to go to the family reunion but i can't trust her anymore. what should i do?

Comments

• Options
    Well I suppose you have to ask yourself if you want to see her.

If I was in this position with my dad, and I wanted to see him. I would go, but I would make it clear that it was on my terms.
  • Options
    IF you want to go, go. Just because you will see her there, doesn't mean she will snatch you away. You don't need to trust everybody when going to a social gathering. If you don't want to go, because her presence makes you uncomfortable, don't go.

easy as that.
  • Options
    if you wanna go..go..dont let ya mum put you off! my mum left me when i was 11 and i lost contact with her and her family but now i am 20 and i am in contact with my mum..but i dont go to any family dos because i dont liker her family.

but like strubbles says she ant gunna snatch you away you are 12 and you now can legally say who you wanna be with. you could even get a solicitor (sorry for the spelling) to say who you wanna live with. I did at 16

you are in charge of your life not your mum she lost all rights when she left you hun.

hope you sort things out x
  • Options
    i want to go but its the whole family that would probly take me away and i am woried about just that. you see they all have this mental problem...but i dont at all...
  • Options
    I don't know what to suggest. It's up to you. But if you dont think you will feel comfortable going then i wouldn't