Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

yikes!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so i have known this guy for all my life. his dad was even my dads best man. so i'm just gunna cut to the chase. i fell for him...hard!! i acualy have liked him since i was 7. i dont know what to do, so please help

Comments

• Options
    So are you saying your with this feller or you just have a crush type thing for him?
  • Options
    i had a crush on him since i was 7 and ever since i saw him again and started to talk to him more i... feel way more then what i felt befor.
  • Options
    Assuming you're both single and available, ask him out?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Assuming you're both single and available, ask him out?

yea, this.

It's probably best to tell him your feelings a bit earlier on. You've probably been friends for a long time and before you "fall back" into the friendship routine stuff tell him you have developed feelings for him and would like to be together with him.

I'm in a similar situation, but she has a boyfriend. Since she's always complaining about him, I just wait (without being to focused on her, and still meeting other girls) until things look very grim for their relationship and then I'm going out with her and have a few drinks. When we are still in the state of slight tipsiness, I will tell her I have feelings for her and would like us to be together, since we'd be a fine pair in my opinion.
  • Options
    How old are you both?

I agree with Kermit.
  • Options
    i'm 12 turning 13 and he's 13 turning 14. and i am not aloud to date 'till i'm 16 :( also we have known each other even when we were in diapers. besides he is my best friend.( i get along better with guys than girls) i just dont know if i should tell him and ruin the friendship or just try to forget the feelings
  • Options
    i'm 12 turning 13 and he's 13 turning 14. and i am not aloud to date 'till i'm 16 :( also we have known each other even when we were in diapers. besides he is my best friend.( i get along better with guys than girls) i just dont know if i should tell him and ruin the friendship or just try to forget the feelings

The friendship is rarely "ruined" between two good friends. It might go on an involuntarily break for some time, to let grass grow over the issue, but I guess risking it beats being heartbroken and not knowing if he would have said yes.
  • Options
    curiosity always gets the better of me. bloody hell... how do you explain the way i feel... it's a mystery. it's a mysery why i feel i must confess. :( but i have always buried those feelings away but now they just wont go away...what does it meen?
  • Options
    Probably cos you're finally ready for a relationship. I agree with the others, tell him how you feel.
  • Options
    after reading that he phoned... and i told him...
  • Options
    and?
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    and?

he said o...then he said got to go bye and hung up...should i try to txt him or call or sumthing?
  • Options
    he said o...then he said got to go bye and hung up...should i try to txt him or call or sumthing?

I tip my hat to you. You've got more guts than most others many years older. Bless him, he is just very shy, the whole situation just surprised him bad. Maybe you can go to his place tomorrow and visit him to talk about it, or meet him in a café. I am certain you will do very fine, just let it come naturally. You'll soon know more.

It's the best option, really. You know what's bugging you in the easiest way next time you meet.

good luck, keep us updated.

p.s. maybe write him a short text that you would like to meet him. Don't mention anything more about your feelings in the text and don't - for the love of god - apologize or be sorry for it. It's not like you made something taboo.
  • Options
    thank you and i will definetly keep you people updated :)
  • Options
    heyya hunni,

Boys are just AAAHHHH most of the time. Annoying. Stupid. Immature. But if he's really nice then he'll like you to, if he is worth your time then he will like you. If not he isnt worth fussing over xxx
    C-A x
  • Options
    heyya hunni,

Boys are just AAAHHHH most of the time. Annoying. Stupid. Immature. But if he's really nice then he'll like you to, if he is worth your time then he will like you. If not he isnt worth fussing over xxx
    C-A x

ya but he is definetly worth it. he called agen and he said sorry for just basicly hanging up. and that we should think about this because what if we brake up? things would not be able to go back to how it used to be. now what?
  • Options
    ya but he is definetly worth it. he called agen and he said sorry for just basicly hanging up. and that we should think about this because what if we brake up? things would not be able to go back to how it used to be. now what?

Just do what feels right. If you start to ride a bike you don't ask "now what?", you just keep going. I rather have a good relationship that ends sometime, than a friend that I don't feel comfortable around, because I have feelings for her and feel sad because they are unrequited.

You just don't plan ahead like this, at least I don't. If I think about messy break-ups when going out with someone for the first time nothing's going to work. If both want it, do it and see what comes. You are so young for christs sake.
  • Options
    haha your right. i'll just say we are young and we should do what are hearts tell us and to not plan ahead and all that corny crap lol:) o and 1 more question what would be the most fun(not sexualy i want to keep my verginity thank you) 1st date?
  • Options
    haha your right. i'll just say we are young and we should do what are hearts tell us and to not plan ahead and all that corny crap lol:) o and 1 more question what would be the most fun(not sexualy i want to keep my verginity thank you) 1st date?

Ice skating?
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    Ice skating?

omg! no joke i was just about to say that!

now i have no idea's :impissed:

:p
  • Options
    omg! no joke i was just about to say that!

now i have no idea's :impissed:

:p

Sorry for pinching your idea, you need to be quicker next time :p
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    Sorry for pinching your idea, you need to be quicker next time :p

but the rink is closed:( anything else?
  • Options
    great ideas thanx :) and look for my new thread. i really need help in that 1...
  • Options
    heyya hunni,

C-A x

Just because someone is a nice guy, doesnt mean they have to like someone.