Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

flesh holes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all
i've finally got my ear pierced yesterday,
2 questions really
the first is how long should i wait till i begin stretching it?? and before anyone says their disgusting, i've thought about this long and hard it and its what i want done so i don't want no preaching

the 2nd is can anyone give me tips for general after care of piercings?

Comments

• Options
    1. Six months minimum. Then take it slowly because if you dont you could bugger your lobes up pretty badly - "blown out" flesh holes are not pretty!

2. Dont play with it, wash your hands before you clean it (saline mixture only), dont over clean it once a day is enough etc. Dont swim for six weeks if you can, the clorine can affect the healing process. Your pierecer should have given you an aftercare leaflet.
  • Options
    yeah,
    would sea water be alright for it??
    i'm going on holiday in 2 weeks, to corsica, the pool is some random filtler that doesn't even need clorine so alright there,
  • Options
    seriously don't get your new piercings wet with any untreated i.e. boiled and salt added to water. get something called either dermapore or megapore - which is a waterproof dressing which you can cut down to size, and put that over any healing piercings when going in the sea or a pool - sea water is never clean no matter where you go - all the fish piss and shit in it, and humans are dirty dirty creatures so never trust pools.

i would wait at least 12 weeks before going up. were you pierced with a gun or a needle? if it was a needle, then i'm guessing it would be a 1.6 so you could go up in tiny steps and go to a 1.8 or just go to a 2 - but leave that in for 6 weeks to let it properly heal. make sure you clean every day, and metal will smell more than acrilyic or organic matter. metal and organics are better to stretch with - but more expencive. flares are good, but only use them to go up one size. i have missed a few - i did 2, 3,4, 6, 8, - had a blowout going up to ten which was horrible and completely my fault- so back down to 6 and then quickly back up to 8 and slowly up to 10...

stretchings are like anal sex - LUBE LUBE LUBE! and KY is really good for this - don't use anything non water based as it is effectively an wound - go slowly, and if it doesn't feel right stop. using the little silicone rings really help, and the slicone squidgy plugs are great if you are finding the stretchings uncomfortable at night
  • Options
    by untreated do you mean stuff like sea water or what?
    becuase i was told that i had to clean my piercing for about 6 weeks with a boiled water and salt conction to stop it getting infected while it heals
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    by untreated do you mean stuff like sea water or what?
    becuase i was told that i had to clean my piercing for about 6 weeks with a boiled water and salt conction to stop it getting infected while it heals

even as an amateur I can tell you that sea water is pretty much off limits. Should have planned more carefully.
  • Options
    wait at least 6 months. dont rush. my friends unkle rushed and it doesnt ... look like it should... gross...
  • Options
    ah k
    thanks
    yeah, tbh, i'm not much of a forward planner
    i don't usually go in the sea, too much piss shit and fish piss :P
    so it won't change much of the holiday
  • Options
    from what ive been told, going swimming is fine, it actually can help the healing time aswell.
    ive been swimming constantly from having my peircings days old and i havnt had any problems at all.
  • Options
    trashed, if you knew me you know'll that i'll never do that
    took me fucking ages to get round to piercing my ear, i'm not gonna let it heal over for a holiday, plus, that WOULD HURT :P
  • Options
    yeah, i just don't like the thought of needles,
    freaks me out, i was okay with it in a pros hands but mine or a mates?
    NO WAY
  • Options
    starting a flesh hole

a lady from blue banana told me to start off putting a bellybar through my ear, so ive just rammed it in and its not even hurting too bad!
    what size should i go up to next? my friends got a 2mm and a 4mm i can have?
  • Options
    the bellybar would be 1.6 so go to 2. then go to 3 and once you get to 4 you can try and use tapers to go up 2 mm at a time, but do it slowly and with lots of lube. its best to do it after a hot bath or shower
  • Options
    exposedexposed Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    i didnt follow any instructions really.

im not advising you follow what i did in any way..

.. but i got mine pierced at 5pm on a saturday, and by 7pm i had 2.5mm flesh tunnels in there. it was a painful 10 mins.

i let that settle for a month before moving up to 3mm.

then a month to 4mm

then about 4 months to 5mm

then about another month to 6mm

havent done anything with them for over a year now, kinda happy with it.