Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

PC muscle twitching

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, i didnt know whether to post this here or on the health area, but because of whats happening i chose to put it here

The thing is, when i settle down to go to sleep at night, my
pc muscles start to twitch, especially in the area between my penis and anus. ive also noticed that it seems to happen when i move my neck to change my sleeping position (ive sat in bed for a long time moving my neck around to experiment, as i cant get to sleep -.- ) ive looked this up on the internet, and most cases seem to be in the thighs, not actually on the pc muscles, and i really cant find any useful answers.none of the cases i read about have a connection to the neck either... ive read about it happening in men when they have had prostate removals etc, but im 16 and have never had any problem with my prostate as far as i know :S

another thing is that i recently stopped having sex, and therefore have had to *ahem* sort myself out more than i used to... could this be connected to that in any way? sorry for the long post, but i really would like to be able to sleep again sometime, so any help would be fantastic

cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    Can you remember if you have strained your back or similar recently? Even if you thought it was insignificant at the time?
  • Options
    Not that i can think of, ive started lazing around a lot though, due to being lonely, bored and depressed. which has resulted in me wandering around slouching all the time, maybe doing my back in?
  • Options
    Try to consciously keep an eye on your body position and stop yourself slouching, it may help.
  • Options
    It is a muscle, like any other, and muscles twitch, especially at night. If you try to manipulate the muscle on its own you'll find your core (back/abdomen) and your butt (gluts/hamstrings) are the nearest so I suspect your neck movement is coincidental or associated with other motions throughout your body.

Make sure you are well hydrated as this can contribute to muscle spasms. Heavy exercise or fatigue can cause this too. Other than that, it's something that will come and go on its own but ultimately if you're concerned about it you should visit your GP for further advice.