Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hair thinning :(

my hair seems to falling out so much at the minute.

this has always been a problem for me anyway but its actually falling out alot. ive just been in the shower and must have lost gawd knows how many hairs. if i run my fingers through my hair now, hair will come out.

its actually ridiculous.

it scares me. i know we are supposed to lose 100 hairs a day but im losing probably 4 times that. i can see that my hair is thinning quite badly :(

i occasionally suffer from alopecia but its always a 5p-1p sized bald patch, normally somewhere that can be covered and that nobody ever notices.

i cant help but worry though that now, im losing all my hair and im going to be the next gail porter :crying: :crying: :crying:

is there any way i can stop this from happening? any way i can stop it falling out so much, make it stronger?

its not like im not eating enough, im eating lots. i am stressed at the minute but i can't get away from that unfortunately.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    See a doctor, love. It can be caused by a NUMBER of things from stress, poor nutritional diet, medication, hormonal imbalance etc etc
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    Theres loads of things you can do to help hair loss or just cover it up, you should see the doc and he may be able to highlight some for you :)
  • Options
    Stress can cause hair loss, I would go and see your doctor as soon as you can. Try not to run your fingers through your hair too much either. Try not to worry, that will just make the problem worse, your doctor should be able to help you :)
  • Options
    Hey,

As everyone has said, a trip to see your GP is perhaps the next move for you? Describe the hair loss and see what they suggest.

You may also want to check out the pages that NHS Direct website have, they cover lots of information from 'treatment' to 'real stories'. We also have a page on hair loss that might be worth checking out?

If you are feeling stressed out a the moment, some of the advice on this page may also help you? It may be worth trying to manage some of the stress, not just with regards to your current hair loss, but for your general health too?

Take care, :)
  • Options
    Hey,
    I sympathise with you. I suffer from thinning hair too and have a more noticeable thin bit on the top of my head. I went to the docs about it along with other problems and the doc basically fobbed me off with the excuse, "it's where your hair bobble goes" :grump:
    I tried a shampoo from boots - it's their own brand, a thickening shampoo and it's great. Really helps give your hair extra body. Made me much less paranoid about it.
  • Options
    It is worth seeing a doctor than experimenting products that doesn't work for most of the time. with the doctor you'd get tested and quick solution