Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Silliness Concluded

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i saw the boy i liked.
we all went round our mates for drinks and stuff and me and him seemed to get on okay but he was proper sucking up to my bestmate, he only really talked to her all night.
it wasn't like flirting... it was more like; everything she said he agreed with really really strongly and everything i said he either disagreed with or completely ignored. she kept repeating the things he ignored and then he'd agree with her really loudly.
me and him ended up sitting outside at the end of the night and he's telling me about this hot bath he's going to have when everyones gone to bed and i tell him i might have to stay over cos my bestmate is staying at her boyfriends and it's just one room there.
and he just got up and ran in and started talking to her and ignoring me and then trying to get us both to leave, like really campaigning for it; listing all the reasons why it would be better if we left and actually getting quite horrible. so i had to stay on the floor at her boyfriends :eek2:

i spoke to my bestfriend and she said shes sure he doesnt fancy her and shed be able to tell, she said it feels more like he idolises her to attack me, because he still does it when her boyfriends there and it just doesnt seem sexual
we went round the next day together and just basically did what he did to me back at him, disagreed with everything he said and ignored him
then ignored him all evening
he ended up sitting on his own down the end of the garden
he got really moody about me staying round there on the floor (it ain't his house or anything and im good friends with the three boys that live there) and went to bed early thinking i was leaving with my bestmate and her boyf but i slept on the floor in the living room last night instead thinking i should give em privacy since i gatecrashed so much saturday!
this morning in the kitchen i was there when he came downstairs
i just 'alright' he looked shocked to see me there but was quite friendly with a 'good morning how are you'
i just said 'good, you?' and then walked out the front door not saying anything else
he made me cry the other night by being so mean and when he's around i feel shy and inadequate so i don't think he's the boy for me
i also heard he's on medication for depression which could be why i find him quite hard to read as it can make peoples mannerisms seem quite flat?
whenever im talking to the group he winces and looks so angry like the sound of my voice drives him mad or something
my bestfriend says that sometimes when people have slept with each other and it didn't go well, they find it difficult to be around that person because they feel a lot of failure that THEY didn't make things work out and stuff
and they just think about the sex and it makes them feel wierd and for men a bit angry
just thought i'd let you know how things went
i feel pretty numb and sad
i've really liked this boy for a year and a half but i'm not going to try anymore with him im just too exhausted :(

Comments

• Options
    You're right, he's not the right boy for you, at least, for the time being. You may have really liked this boy for while but guess what, you're gonna really like other boys too!! So write it off and just put it down to learning :)

I'd suggest for now that you focus your time on other things, keep little distance between this boy and spend some cash on sexy outfits as a 'lil'pick'me' treat (or find a cheaper way to make yourself feel good!).

Also I don't mean to kick you when you're down but next time you fancy someone, try not to get into 'game' playing. It just makes things worse in the long run.
  • Options
    Well apart from making things confusing with it being a new thread, I read through the other read and I pretty much agree with what Harmless has said. The only thing I need to add, is that if someone starts playing games with you, begin to question why, rather than just playing games back.
  • Options
    i keep feeling like he picked my bestfriend over me and i'm not as pretty and stuff like that:banghead:
  • Options
    i keep feeling like he picked my bestfriend over me and i'm not as pretty and stuff like that:banghead:

That's just ego talk - it'll fade in time. Go buy some nice girlie shit and make yourself look hot :p No need to sleep around or lead boys on to boost your ego - instead, go out and enjoy the looks you from blokes checkin you out. (much more better for you imo)

If it makes it easier to swallow, tell yourself that he knew how to hurt you by giving your friend attention and not you - it made you want to seek out he's attention all the more - again, all power games.
    Strive to become happy within yourself and you'll be almsot immune to those sorts of tactics.