Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ex partners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right so my boyfriend has never had a girlfriend he is 23 years old and i was his first. But i have had boyfriends in the past which he knows about because he asked and i dont want to lie to him..altho if he hadnt have asked about them i would never have told him.

anyway he thinks its a bit werid that i am still in contact with them as friends but i dont i can understand why he finds it werid because we have a history together. But these realtionships last no longer than 1 months so...he really has nothing to worry about i have explained to him that he ahs nothing to worry about and i have also said i would stop talkin to them for him then he says he doesnt want me to because he doesnt wanna sem controlling.

but is a werid to keep in contact with your ex as friends?? i mean if they text me and he asks who is texting i tell him who it is i dont lie about it!

Comments

• Options
    I am kind of like your current boyfriend in a way.

I have just started to see someone new, and yes she is my first propper girlfriend. She is my 1st and she has had a few guys before me.

It did hurt to know there has been others but thats life and you get on with it.

I would not have a problem with her ex's per say, but the day after our 1st date she had a birthday party. I was not invited but her oldest running ex was. It then turns out he slept in her bed with her for the next two night while I was told "Nothing happend"....."There was no where else for him to sleep" etc. (there was places he could have slept but it just seemed fine to have him in her bed). It now turns out she told me she slow danced with him at her party even tho she says she no longer feels anything for him.

So I guess the moral of my post is, If he realy does like / love you he will learn to just deal with it but for your sake, If you like the guy, tell him you do and dont flirt with other guys.

Male pride is a funny thing :banghead:
  • Options
    i dont flirt with any guys at all..not even my ex's one of them often says stuff like do you wanna keep me company wink wink but i dont reply back and they all kno i am in a relationship and that even if i wasnt i would never go back to them!

as for your situation i can understand why you feel the way you do...and i would be having seriouse words with your partner!!...because its not right that he slept in the same bed tell her that if it happens again then you would have to end it...i wouldnt even do that.

hope you sort out our problems and thank you
  • Options
    No worries. I hope everything works out for you. :)
  • Options
    I can see why your bf is like that I'd feel pretty shit if I was your first partner and you had been in other relshionships and were still in contact with them even if they are your mates.

But I dont think it's strange to be mates with your ex at all... but it can cause jealousy between your partner and others.