Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cough advice needed please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
went to london in may and came back and was ill for about 3 weeks and it turned out had chest infection which was treated with amoxicillin 500mg for a week.

It did clear up but got back from london on tuesday and its back again and sometimes my chest is really tight.

any ideas as to what it could be?

Comments

• Options
    Well I think the obvious would be that the infection is back, go see your GP on Monday, or if you can't wait go to a walk in centre. They'll probably give you stronger/longer course of antibiotics.
  • Options
    I was ill for about 3 weeks after coming back from London afew weeks ago.

Think mine was down to the fact that I got a chill and breathed in loads of germs on the underground, this gave me a really bad cold and because I have asthma it then went onto my chest giving me a chest infection and a mild asthma attack. As Anna 342 said, go and see your GP again.
  • Options
    You may have a weak lungs because you are easily infected. THere's a possibility that you acquire again the infection because you mentioned that you have it when you were in london and then again you came back on that place and experience the same infection. London is a very cold place and those who have low resistance has a tendency to have some lung related diseases. You already have a clue that your body cannot tolerate too much cold. So, you have to avoid places that are cold to avoid the infection. Right now, go back again to your doctor for medication.