Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

please help me am i pregnant? whats happening?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello I was wondering if you could help
I’ve been trying for a baby and this month my period had been a week late
so about two days ago I took a test and was overjoyed when it came ba ck positive
I also took another one of a different brand because I didn’t want to get excited about nothing however that also came back positive
I tried to make an appointment with my doctor but they were full and I wanted conformation straight away so I went to the family planning clinic
however that came back negative
I left feeling a bit disappointed but still hadn’t come on my period and was suggested by people that it may have been that my urine was too dilute to pick up anything and is why people suggest the first wee of the morning

however I am even more concerned because I went to the toilet and noticed blood so I though I was on my period and was a bit gutted I wasn’t pregnant but that was it
however its not like a period im not bleeding all the time its just like brown and only now and then its really light

I was wondering if anyone could help me as I don’t know if this is a period? or if im pregnant?

thanks x

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like your period. When I first start to come on I don't always get bright red blood straight away, for a day or two I just get brown stuff every now and then which I think is old blood from the last period so it's completely normal and does sound like your coming on.
  • Options
    It could also be implantation bleeding;

http://www.askbaby.com/implantation-bleeding.htm

The fact that you have already received two positive pregnancy tests means it is definately a big possibility you are pregnant. False positives are very rare whereas false negatives are common-place when there is not yet enough hormone present for the tests to read.

I would hold on for another few days, monitor the bleeding and then take another test!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It is more likely that you got a false negative than 2 false positives. False positives are extremely rare.

The bleeding could be implantation bleeding, which is fairly common. Particularly if it is muddy brown. I would be more concerned if it was bright red blood.

See if you can get an appointment at your docs for Monday. They can do another pregnancy test too.
  • Options
    hello thanks for all your comments

the bleeding stopped like the next daxt day it was litrally only for that evening and morning

there has also been no more sign of blood and i am still yet to come on

so i think the safest thing to do is to make an apointment with my doctor.

• Options
    congratulations!
    sometimes the tests they use at the doctors, arent as sensitive as the home pregnancy tests you can buy. Your doctor probably wont test you again if you have had two positive HPTs, but you need to tell him that youve had some spotting as that should be investigated.