Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Laptop Backpack for 20.1" Laptop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these, please? or do they not exist? I have found shoulder bags, but think they may be a little too heavy.

Comments

• Options
    Targus would be a good place to look, most of the big bags I've seen seem to be from them, although 20.1" may be too big even for that.

It's one of the big critcisms of 20.1" laptops, that they basically aren't portable because of the weight and the size.

If you can't find a bag, then it may be worth looking for a sleeve that size and then a big rucsac to put it in. If you end up going down that line let me know, and I'll suggest things to look for in a suitable rucsac. I have a silly size laptop and that's pretty much what I've ended up doing.

On a side thought, is this a laptop you've already got or one you're hoping to get through DSA? If it's a DSA one, then they come with bags.
  • Options
    Not got laptop yet. Have to see what assessment centre say about it.

Thanks. Have googled some, but many only go up to 17".
  • Options
    I know there are cases of some kind out there for the monster sized laptops, but they are few and far between.

Your best bet is probably to find somewhere that supplies them, they're the most likely place to supply the laptops.

Sure you already know this but DSA regs have been tightened up hugely this year and you'll only get a laptop if you have uni placements places that won't have computers or some other feature of your course that requires you to work somewhere other than uni or home. Wouldn't worry too much about getting the bag for it yet!