Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

kegel exercises

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...do they actually work to prevent p.e?

Comments

• Options
    I heard they help. Could be tho that you are such a fast shooter that not even god can help you.
  • Options
    always instill a feeling of ease..
  • Options
    seriously out of the amount of people who log onto this forum, noone knows...? im really worried.
  • Options
    ...do they actually work to prevent p.e?

Yes. Its a recognised form of therapy which can help men achieve stronger erections, gain greater control over ejaculation and to increase bladder and bowel control.
  • Options
    cheers mate. further to that, if it does do that, does it help prevent p.e before anything has actually happened. ie, not even got to the sex part yet? you follow?
  • Options
    A lot of the time though, ED is caused by psychological more than physical reasons in a younger man. Its more helpful if the pelvic floor has become weakened over time (e.g. age).
  • Options
    yeah i can understand that. i haven't had sex before so thats obviously a major factor. however, iv tried..thinkin about other things, genuinly relaxing about it. its so frustrating knowing that theres a possibility that we're gonna start doin things and shes gonna find that iv ended the race before its even started. itd be humiliating. hence why iv started doing these pf/kegel exercises- but if it means theyre not gonna work, im seriously considering going to the doctor...? :nervous:
  • Options
    Can you get an erection when you wank? And do you wake up with good erections?
  • Options
    yep. everythings normal in regards to that. and also yes. whyd you ask?
  • Options
    Because, in this case, I don't think you have a physical problem but you have anxiety/performance issues. Kegel exercises might give you a psychological boost but will not in themselves sort out your issue.

You need to try and understand why you might be anxious. Questions such as : Are you a virgin or generally sexually inexperienced? Are you worried that this lack of experience might 'show you up' to your girlfriend? Have you had performance issues with a girl before? Could this have lead to your anxiety and now you feel every time you have sex you fear that you may not gain a proper erection etc etc

To point your mind at rest, almost every male will suffer some performance issues at some stage in their lives and it occurs very frequently amongst young people too. You are NOT alone. There is NOTHING wrong with you and there IS help out there.

There is no harm in doing Kegel exercises anyway. They strengthen the pelvic muscles which is no bad thing at all so exercise away. :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    To point your mind at rest, almost every male will suffer some performance issues at some stage in their lives and it occurs very frequently amongst young people too. You are NOT alone. There is NOTHING wrong with you and there IS help out there.

I agree with this.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    well that makes me feel a bit better knowing, presuming your right ofcourse, that its more a psychological hinderance rather than physical. personally i think the reason is something to do with the fact that this is the first girl iv actually ever dated and therefore have no experience prior to this and possibly a large chunk due to the fact that there has been a time when i first started seeing her where i ended the race early - in foreplay. but iv tried to not let it worry me since and obviously its still had an impact. this is a problem i can only sort out psychologically then correct?

(thanks for the advice though so far :) )
  • Options
    It seems you may have confirmed to yourself that it is psychological - and I would agree.

Guys beat themselves up over things that they can't change and then often get associated performance issues.

"I'm a virgin, she isn't and she has had a number of partners before me. Will my sexual inexperience show? Will she compare me to the others? Will she be happy with my penis size etc etc"

None of the above are changeable - so why worry? If she loves you, she will be sympathetic to your inexperience.