Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question for you all.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone, I've would like your opinion on this.

I started the pill, Yaz less than a week ago. I technically missed a pill according to the leaflet as I am a day one starter, because I was supposed to start the pill even if I had light spotting. I took two the next day according to the directions, and in the leaflet it told me that I did not need to use a backup birth control method. Furthermore, the leaflet said that for the day one starters, I do not need back up birthcontrol since I started the pill on the first day of my period.

Fastforward a few days later, and I'm on my 5th day of my period, and my boyfriend in admist of some romping, mutually decided to have unprotected sex.

So my question is, since I was on my period during this, will I be less likely to become pregnant? The leaflet said that I'm covered, so I'm hoping I have nothing to worry about. Of course, later on in the month if I am still worried about it, I'll take a home pregnancy test, but I just wanted to hear what you guys thought about it. Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey innuendette :wave:

You might want to take a look at our sticky thread on missing your pill which has links to two really useful articles which should be able to answer your questions.

Have a look here.

Like you say though, if you are still concerned you can always make an appointment with your GP and they'll be able to advise you.

:)